Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

2/28/2012 - Mate in 5


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #81

    sarkot

    Easy 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #82

    RenataCFC

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #83

    ndskykng

    RenataCFC wrote:

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)


    I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #84

    Labfrog

    Nice

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #85

    Praphael

    easy!!!

    Last page again

     

    LOL

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #86

    Easeland

    Hi! Guys'n'Pies!Laughing Very Simple and Strightforward Rapidly Solved at Once!Wink Like a lightning!Cool Chiao! Everyone.Smile

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #87

    Ocky

    OK

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #88

    Djazbin

    Easy; almost steped out at move 2.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #89

    novzki41

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #90

    TheSkyBluePN3

    I missed the 2nd move! It's so sad :(

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #91

    ShaunakPethe

    good line opening!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #92

    Chris_Coffey

    Had a few stumbles, but I got through it with relative ease.  Nice puzzle!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #93

    bknight-sk

    nice one

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #94

    szammie

    Fairly decent.

    SZ.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #95

    saqlain5699

    simple

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #96

    ashmo

    too easy

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #97

    Hennepin

    ndskykng wrote:
    RenataCFC wrote:

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)


    I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)


    I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

    I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

     edit: removed yellow bar and links

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #98

    awesomeEli

    ...............................that was to hard Undecided .............................but coolSmile

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #99

    awesomeEli

    ashmo wrote:

    too easy

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! way do you say thatYell

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #100

    RenataCFC

    Hennepin wrote:
    ndskykng wrote:
    RenataCFC wrote:

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)


    I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)


    I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

    I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

     edit: removed yellow bar and links


    3 ... Rg7 is the problem.


Back to Top

Post your reply: