Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

2/3/2012 - Mate in 5

• 2 years ago · Quote · #121

freebie

DynamicMoose wrote:
    David_Webby wrote:

I just don't understand Andy. I'll always make you happy. You mean the world to me. I love you so much. To prove it I'll put the first post up here until you talk to me. PLEASE CALL ME.

PS To all the haters out there when your in love as much as me you you don't care who knows. I'll tell the world.

Yesterday it was an interesting change of pace that got people talking. Today it has simply become annoying internet pollution. This is a chess site and it should stay that way. Sometimes random comments like this can be entertaining, but not when they continue on like this. 

Anyone agree?

DynamicMoose:  Agree 1000%.  I don't give a rat's fart about their relationship.  I don't hate them, but this is not the appropriate place.  Try email, Twitter, Facebook, text messages, or pick up the damn phone.  It's like some a-holes hijacking a conversation at a party to talk about their relationship, gay or straight.  I'm a moderator at a forum where I have the annoying occasional poster who doesn't seem to get the point that they're totally off topic.  If you have to post love letters here to get someone's attention, the "relationship" isn't a relationship:  It's stalking.  Let's get back to chess puzzles, PUH-LEEZE!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #122

inhouse

That Andy and David thing is getting old and boring. Try something else please.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #123

freebie

The chess-puzzle forum's big curse:

Two trolls showing love with bad verse.

I said with a sigh

while throwing a pie

The "first" posters are getting worse!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #124

SirrinNacht

Not bad.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #125

glsmith

rook takes b6 mate! in two!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #126

ZitaS

Smile Simple

• 2 years ago · Quote · #127

glsmith

cool puzzle

• 2 years ago · Quote · #128

SharmaPawan

Cheers MAte
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #129

cfrench49

Good puzzle.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #130

abekiroz

cleaver

• 2 years ago · Quote · #131

dufferps

Beautiful.  I didn't get the second move, and after I was shown it everything was so obvious.  How could I have missed it?  Part of my problem was that I had been envisioning a final mate by a rook on the back row- not a rook sacrifice to put the black king in a spot with no escape squares.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #132

Ray-D-OActive

easy peasy......

• 2 years ago · Quote · #133

dufferps

staz1024 wrote:

2. Rxb6+ ?

2.  Rxb6+   Qxf3+
    3.  Kg1      Qg2#

• 2 years ago · Quote · #134

hasnain_hayder

THat was easy

• 2 years ago · Quote · #135

lph

Hmmmm? quite effective

• 2 years ago · Quote · #136

mikeymike12321

Nice one . not hard but not too easy

• 2 years ago · Quote · #137

sediments

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #138

chess_neophyte

What about Rxb6 after Ka8? Mate, I think.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #139

chess_neophyte

Nevermind, queen takes it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #140

dufferps

Archit222 wrote:

A little sipler way !

But that would not work:

After 2. Rh7+ 
    Black would respond
    2. ...  Qxf3+ forcing 3. Kg1 Qg2#

White MUST move 2. Rb7++

He might try 2. Rf7 to stave off the immediate ... Qxf3+, but 2. ... gxf3 would be almost as devastating.  One of black's threats:
    3. ... Rxh2+,  4. Kg1  Rg1+  5. Kf2  R8h2#

Another:
    3. ... Qd5 threatening the rook at f7 and the Bishop at g5 and threatening discovered check by advancing the f-pawn.

White's best defense against these threats might be 3. h4.  But I think black would soon have an overpowering advantage - probably with 3. ... Qd5.  I don't see any way white can defend without sacrificing yet another piece in a losing continuation.

Post your reply: