Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

3/10/2012 - White to Draw

• 3 years ago · Quote · #161

rbombardier

Sorry, but this is a no-contest.  Now way white gets a draw unless someone makes a terrible mistake.  Okay, now I'm last.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #162

mohandisusa

trying 2 analyze more of this puzzle...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #163

melvinbluestone

ndskykng wrote:
    melvinbluestone wrote:

@ndskykng 
    : "White isn't threatening anything? First off, take a glance at his queenside pawns, that can be turned in a hurry."  So after 1.Bh3 Bxe2, the threat is white's queenside pawns? So maybe white then plays 2.a6?? and hangs the rook on f1........ Come on! Show me a how white wins or even draws after 1...Bxe2!

Where in the post did I say 2. a6?? Can you read?

I said 2. Rf2 Bxd1 BUT that 3. Rxd1 was NOT forced.  I thought chess players were smarter.

I suggested 3. Qxf7 start the assault on the queenside, bring a defender to the kingside attack AND prevent the f2 rook from being hung, which is what YOU wanted to do with 3. Rxd1

The position isn't as simple as you're making it, and the pawns are a real threat once the kingside is neutralized.  Your move.

Listen, Copernicus, (and I mean that in the most complimentary way) your post implies white has threats after 1.Bh3: "...take a glance at his queenside pawns". Well, I took a glance, and I still want to know what these pawns are gonna' do after 1...Bxe2. I figured you meant white could advance them, with, like maybe a6? But I guess you meant they were just gonna' sit there while white tries frantically to defend against BxR or BxN or Bf3+..........

• 3 years ago · Quote · #164

Kantor2100

• 3 years ago · Quote · #165

Twobit

odd alright

• 3 years ago · Quote · #166

vladthemaster

hard one

• 3 years ago · Quote · #167

checkmmm8

too easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #168

ndskykng

melvinbluestone wrote:
    ndskykng wrote:
    melvinbluestone wrote:

@ndskykng 
    : "White isn't threatening anything? First off, take a glance at his queenside pawns, that can be turned in a hurry."  So after 1.Bh3 Bxe2, the threat is white's queenside pawns? So maybe white then plays 2.a6?? and hangs the rook on f1........ Come on! Show me a how white wins or even draws after 1...Bxe2!

Where in the post did I say 2. a6?? Can you read?

I said 2. Rf2 Bxd1 BUT that 3. Rxd1 was NOT forced.  I thought chess players were smarter.

I suggested 3. Qxf7 start the assault on the queenside, bring a defender to the kingside attack AND prevent the f2 rook from being hung, which is what YOU wanted to do with 3. Rxd1

The position isn't as simple as you're making it, and the pawns are a real threat once the kingside is neutralized.  Your move.

Listen, Copernicus, (and I mean that in the most complimentary way) your post implies white has threats after 1.Bh3: "...take a glance at his queenside pawns". Well, I took a glance, and I still want to know what these pawns are gonna' do after 1...Bxe2. I figured you meant white could advance them, with, like maybe a6? But I guess you meant they were just gonna' sit there while white tries frantically to defend against BxR or BxN or Bf3+..........

White will advance them after the Kingside is taken care of like I said.

BxR, BxN, Bf3+ aren't real threats

I already said 3. Qxf7.  My defense is being set up, you still have yet to keep up an attack.  I said your move, and you ignored it.  Still thinking about how to deal with those pawns afterward I bet.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #169

ChenGJ

How is this a draw?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #170

chessmasterYash

_36darshan-- wrote:

How is this a draw?

i dont know

• 3 years ago · Quote · #171

AkshitaGorti

A little to complicatedFrown but goodSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #172

dufferps

There are too many possible variations in this puzzle for me to be convinced that we saw "best moves" on both sides.  In particular, I wonder about black's Bxh2 move. But others also seemed questionable.   I would need a long analysis to be satisfied that this was the best line.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #173

melvinbluestone

Caramba! You may be right, ndskykng. After 1.Bh3 Bxe2 2.Rf2 Bxd1 3.Qxf7 Bf3+ 4.Rxf3 exf3 5.Qxf3, black seems to have a lot of nothing. This is what happens when you try to do analysis and listen to the Grateful Dead at the same time......

• 3 years ago · Quote · #174

fastig

immm. puzzle for draw? 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #175

ndskykng

melvinbluestone wrote:

Caramba! You may be right, ndskykng. After 1.Bh3 Bxe2 2.Rf2 Bxd1 3.Qxf7 Bf3+ 4.Rxf3 exf3 5.Qxf3, black seems to have a lot of nothing. This is what happens when you try to do analysis and listen to the Grateful Dead at the same time......

Lol, Grateful Dead is awesome.

I'm glad you posted 1.. Bxe2 though, it means you're actually thinking about the position rather than most of these guys on the thread that are just saying "This is not a draw!" without any evidence.

Just food for thought, as an alternative to 5. Qxf3, think about 5. Rg1 too and the threats of 6. Qxg6 and 7. Qxg7 =)  Lots of possibilities.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #176

GIORG10

...better!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #177

EXV

• 3 years ago · Quote · #178

BoolyaB

too hard

• 3 years ago · Quote · #179

shon615

what is this?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #180

MSC157

1. Bh3 Bxh3 2. Rf2 Bxh2 3. Rc3 Bf4 4. Rxh3 Qxh3+ 5. Kg1 e3 6. Rg2 Qh4 7. Nxe3 Qe1+ 8. Nf1 Ne5 9. Qc8 Be3+ 10. Kh2 Qh4+ 11. Qh3 Bf4+ 12. Rg3 Bxg3+ 13. Nxg3 Ng4+ 14. Kg2 Ne3+ 15. Kh2 Ng4+ 16. Kg2 Ne3+ 17. Kh2 Ng4+

Post your reply: