I have no idea either! Smile

Maybe it's just close to a checkmate  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #203

ndskykng

PattxII wrote:
    melvinbluestone wrote:
    ndskykng wrote:
    melvinbluestone wrote:

Caramba! You may be right, ndskykng. After 1.Bh3 Bxe2 2.Rf2 Bxd1 3.Qxf7 Bf3+ 4.Rxf3 exf3 5.Qxf3, black seems to have a lot of nothing. This is what happens when you try to do analysis and listen to the Grateful Dead at the same time......

Lol, Grateful Dead is awesome.

I'm glad you posted 1.. Bxe2 though, it means you're actually thinking about the position rather than most of these guys on the thread that are just saying "This is not a draw!" without any evidence.

Just food for thought, as an alternative to 5. Qxf3, think about 5. Rg1 too and the threats of 6. Qxg6 and 7. Qxg7 =) Lots of possibilities.

Don't celebrate just yet...... After 1.Bh3 f5!? it's not clear how white breaks through blacks advancing front and deals with his hanging bishop...... But the endgame, if it gets to one, is an easy win for white.

Well said melvinbluestone...ndskykng what happens after 1. Bh3 f5?

Bring another defender 2. Ne3

If Queen takes, you can set up your rook battery on the soon-to-be open f file, or g-file depending on what Black does, if bishop takes, take the g-file instead. If bishop takes pawn instead, put a decision to it Rc2.  Even if it takes on f1, the bishop can then take the advanced pawn Bxf5, threatening Qxg6 or Bxe4.  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #204

Pavrey

Hardly a draw - white can win

• 3 years ago · Quote · #205

rishabh99844

really hard one

• 3 years ago · Quote · #206

chessica

its incomplete

• 3 years ago · Quote · #207

aaaliii

what the

• 3 years ago · Quote · #208

Scottstallion

Really.??......no really?....

• 3 years ago · Quote · #209

melvinbluestone

@ndskykng : Wait a minute. I don't know about this 2.Ne3 idea....... After 1.Bh3 f5 2.Ne3 Qxh3, what does white do about the dual threat of QxN and mate on h2? If 3.Rf2, then simply Qxe3. If 3.Nxg4 fxg4 4.Rf2 g3 could be curtains for white....... Oh no! What's this?? 5.Rg2! with threats up the wahzoo!! A fantastic position!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #210

ndskykng

melvinbluestone wrote:

@ndskykng : Wait a minute. I don't know about this 2.Ne3 idea....... After 1.Bh3 f5 2.Ne3 Qxh3, what does white do about the dual threat of QxN and mate on h2? If 3.Rf2, then simply Qxe3. If 3.Nxg4 fxg4 4.Rf2 g3 could be curtains for white....... Oh no! What's this?? 5.Rg2! with threats up the wahzoo!! A fantastic position!

Agree with that line completely.  Fantastic position for white after 5. Rg2!: was that your point?  Kingside is holding firm and black still hasn't broken through on h2.  Meanwhile, white still has multiple threats, the e4 pawn is vulnerable, where the knight is pinned and b7 is targeted, he can set up a battery on g-file if needed (which turns to a triple battery) if black is threatens to open up the g-file with the pawn capture, white is free to battery on the d-file if black turns it towards those lines, and the queenside pawns can still be pushed.  g2 and h2 are still holding firm.  Thanks for proving my point for me.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #211

kingcool444

it goes bh3 rf2 rc3 rxh3 kg1 rg2 nxe2 nf1

• 3 years ago · Quote · #212

melvinbluestone

@ndskykng: "Fantastic position for white after 5. Rg2!: was that your point?" Yes, that's my point. I guess the term "wahzoo" is rather vague.....

• 3 years ago · Quote · #213

relatedsqrs

Very mysterious and difficult. I think a club player would lose this one in a hurry as white. Where on earth did this come from? Could this be from some world championship match or maybe a Sam Lloyd puzzle? The computer came up with a different line than chess.com and the computer finds errors in some of the analysis given here.  There are many different variations in this one and it would be easy for white to lose.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #214

ReyRambler1960

Surprised

• 3 years ago · Quote · #215

ndskykng

melvinbluestone wrote:

@ndskykng: "Fantastic position for white after 5. Rg2!: was that your point?" Yes, that's my point. I guess the term "wahzoo" is rather vague.....

Ah ok, no worries.  Yeah, sarcasm on the internet was something I was never able to pick up well =)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #216

aaaliii

chessica wrote:

its incomplete

whats incomplete?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #217

Jacob30

aaaliii wrote:
    chessica wrote:

its incomplete

whats incomplete?

Probably meant that the puuzzle needed to continue more to finish the puzzle

• 3 years ago · Quote · #218

Ocky

Too difficult!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #219

Apsd1109

very different...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #220

Dr-reza

hard

Post your reply: