• 4 years ago · Quote · #123

kaichess

good

• 4 years ago · Quote · #124

DavidJB

If you pin the bishop or take the bishop, its a stalemate

• 4 years ago · Quote · #125

moral-haze

I liked the h1 option until I realised how it could quickly lead to stalemate or simply delay the victory.  Very good puzzle.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #126

eddysallin

hmmmmm, can on b8,c8 in two moves

• 4 years ago · Quote · #127

GianniP28

2 easy

• 4 years ago · Quote · #128

MadDogOfist

Premove is a feature of online play that is impossible in live play. Online play is not necessarilly a direct copy of live play: witness not needing to move the rook when castling, or removing the pieces from the board when taking them, or the need to say 'j'adjust' when making sure your pieces are within their squares. It's a different game: premove just shows you know what the other guy is going to do. It makes 1 minute games possible. It shows your ability.

jgl1976 should accept the new reality and stop winging like a little bitch. 

• 4 years ago · Quote · #129

jgl1976

MadDogOfist wrote:

Premove is a feature of online play that is impossible in live play. Online play is not necessarilly a direct copy of live play: witness not needing to move the rook when castling, or removing the pieces from the board when taking them, or the need to say 'j'adjust' when making sure your pieces are within their squares. It's a different game: premove just shows you know what the other guy is going to do. It makes 1 minute games possible. It shows your ability.

jgl1976 should accept the new reality and stop winging like a little bitch. 

WTF? None of the data you just provided has any truth (you castle with one hand in live chess and here all castling is done at the same speed)...you make no sense go do the puzzle 32 more times and meet with doctors to talk about it.... 

• 4 years ago · Quote · #130

dragana87

nice

• 4 years ago · Quote · #131

dtbrenneman

jgl1976 wrote:

I want to parallel the premove with using both hands in speed chess. In speed chess the rule is to use one hand to move the piece then that same hand must also hit the clock. The premove is like moving the piece with one hand and immediately hitting the clock with the other hand. The premove has the same exact effect as using both hands to play.

The Laws of Chess derived the rule not to use both hands. I am just strongly recommending we let our heritage guide us and adapt the technology to our heritage. 

Levis

huh?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #132

AndrewConnolly1709

Lepori wrote:

why not  Rh1??

Stalemate after ... bg8 is white foolishly tries Rh8

But surely Rc1 (then Rc8) is just as valid, albeit not quite so elegant ?

(Ra1 ... Ra8 can be met countered by the bishop also risking stalemate - the poisoned bishop)

• 4 years ago · Quote · #133

limburg439

AndrewConnolly1709 wrote:
    Lepori wrote:

why not  Rh1??

Stalemate after ... bg8 is white foolishly tries Rh8

But surely Rc1 (then Rc8) is just as valid, albeit not quite so elegant ?

(Ra1 ... Ra8 can be met countered by the bishop also risking stalemate - the poisoned bishop)

Rc1 will be followed by Bc2 and then it wont be checkmate

• 4 years ago · Quote · #134

chessica

incredibly easy!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #135

brianator

there were other ways to achieve the same result so it was amatter of selecting the one that was used

• 4 years ago · Quote · #136

melodyzhang

i didnt get it at first, bot then it clicked in.Smile todays puzzle was sort of clever wasnt it

• 4 years ago · Quote · #137

jamessaul

I got it but it felt odd, not sure.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #138

drshark

nice

• 4 years ago · Quote · #139

Porlasco

Lately why have the puzzles been so easy?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #140

TomDeaux

since black's only option is to move the bishop,  rc1 with the unstoppable rc8# is just as good for white as rg7

Post your reply: