Awesome puzzle

• 4 years ago · Quote · #165

cpctc

Nice.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #166

FabioR

gambit13 wrote:

Why do people post "first"?

Because they are can't resolve the puzzle :)

• 4 years ago · Quote · #167

xMFNx

Boom, wonder how he got such a lead.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #168

elmo4ever

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 4 years ago · Quote · #169

mp4000

• 4 years ago · Quote · #170

sen_kwan

FabioR wrote:
    gambit13 wrote:

Why do people post "first"?

Because they are can't resolve the puzzle :)

when they cannot solve the puzzle.. they post "first".

if u want to know who cannot solve the puzzle.. see who post "first", "second", or maybe "third"

because they cannot post what is the posibility of other moves on the puzzle and the explanation why we cant move here or why we must move that way.. because they never know.. they just know how to wait daily puzzle update and quickly post "first" then they will feel no embarrasing anymore..

• 4 years ago · Quote · #171

Behemoth1

Easy

• 4 years ago · Quote · #172

Starman_Skullz

Nice and easy.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #173

stevedavenati

F##k! Only 2% of people who post actually have something important, insightful, or necessary to say.

And yes I realize the contradiciton of my post.

But seriously... EVERY DAY I see the same stupid comments about "oh man that wasn't the best move" or something even more inane such as "first!".

Just LOOK at the puzzle until it makes sense to you. Rg7 leads to mate next move, the only move that leads to mate in 2, because it pushes the bishop off the diagonal that defends against Rg8#. It's a lesson in how to avoid interference - the bishop delaying mate by getting in the way of the rook - as well as tempo/zugzwang - noticing the bishop is the only dark piece allowed to move next turn.

If all of you loudmouths would spend more time LEARNING chess instead of complaining about how the puzzle HAS TO be false you'd probably become a good chess player faster.

Idea: next time you're confused don't accuse the puzzle writers of being stupid or that they're liars; just LOOK at the puzzle and try to reason backwards why that was the most correct move. If you're still confused post something like "I am not clear as to why this is the best move, could someone help me?"

Please! 

• 4 years ago · Quote · #174

chuckchess

Why not Rc1 as alternative?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #175

Fredsadeghi

i think they they are making fun of us by putting this kind of puzzle or ......

• 4 years ago · Quote · #176

FredDonaldson

First.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #177

ambermae

im feelin so fly like a G6!!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #178

Maineac54

What is the object of the 'Daily Puzzle'?  As was mentioned above, this one was too simplistic.  Also there are two solutions to mate in two moves.  Perhaps the objective is to be the first person to post after the puzzle goes online...

• 4 years ago · Quote · #179

Maineac54

stevedavenati wrote:
    ...Just LOOK at the puzzle until it makes sense to you. Rg7 leads to mate next move, the only move that leads to mate in 2, because it pushes the bishop off the diagonal that defends against Rg8#. ...

Rh1 ?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #180

Maineac54

chuckchess wrote:

Why not Rc1 as alternative?

Bc2.

Post your reply: