nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #82

upmohc1

easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #83

ndskykng

ChessisGood wrote:

is just as good, honestly.

Fair enough smart guy.  Show me your mate-in-4 after the Knight is gone.  White has a winning position, but by no means was 1. Qxc6 just as good as 1. Qe6+, where's your mate-in-4 huh?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #84

ChessisGood

ndskykng wrote:
    ChessisGood wrote:

is just as good, honestly.

Fair enough smart guy.  Show me your mate-in-4 after the Knight is gone.  White has a winning position, but by no means was 1. Qxc6 just as good as 1. Qe6+, where's your mate-in-4 huh?

It is an easy win at that point. Please do not abuse me in the forums.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #85

slowhare

ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

Title gave it totally away.

Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

So you're telling me that Qxc6 works too for mate-in-4.  Really?

Please, so tell me what's your followup to get mate that quickly after the black queen takes the knight?  Just get the rook off that bank rank and be done with it.  How does this move work as well?

Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out. Puzzle solution is correct, which I solved quickly. Hope you don't have the same cocky manner at the bedside doc. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #86

ndskykng

ChessisGood wrote:

It is an easy win at that point. Please do not abuse me in the forums.

That was your point?! Wow, of course it's an easy win, but it's no forced mate.  Black has forced White to prove he's got skills in a Q/R vs R/R game, but he's not dead after four moves. And I'm sorry, but asking you to clarify your point isn't abusing you.

slowhare wrote:
    Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out. Puzzle solution is correct, which I solved quickly. Hope you don't have the same cocky manner at the bedside doc. 

Fair enough, but the point of a puzzle is to find the "best" solution, not merely to find a winning position.  If that was the case, with that kind of ambiguity, people can easily find plenty of moves that also "work."  Checkmate in four is not better than checkmate in two, just as much as finding a good position (that isn't mate) isn't a move that "works too" as well as a mate-in-four.  End of story.

Jenubis wrote:

I wouldn't do that move in this game because of ...Qxd4+. This gives black the initiative and the choice to take the knight or not. Don't take the queen yet though, as mate will still happen. Black is in a fine position if he takes on d4.

Amen.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #87

JohnTortugo

solved this using what I learn in "mate nets" video tutorials.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #88

szammie

I guess.

SZ.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #89

macer75

Is this Anastasia's Mate?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #90

cooldeepu

thats good one.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #91

privates

easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #92

jsmwnyc

I solved the problem. Why is the title of the chess problem "sucker punch"? 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #93

Smoothkp

Cool.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #94

Ol_hickory

slowhare wrote:

Title gave it totally away.

Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

I saw Qxc6 too, but there are too many variations for it to be a puzzle solution (even though all variations lead to checkmate on the next move).

• 3 years ago · Quote · #95

ndskykng

Ol_hickory wrote:

I saw Qxc6 too, but there are too many variations for it to be a puzzle solution (even though all variations lead to checkmate on the next move).

I can't find a variation that leads to checkmate on the next move (that doesn't involve Black blundering).

• 3 years ago · Quote · #96

metalcsg

Nice puzzle.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #97

winston_d

nice mate 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #98

Samer-Syr

very

• 3 years ago · Quote · #99

Samer-Syr

nice