Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

4/19/2012 - Sucker Punch

• 2 years ago · Quote · #121

ndskykng

slowhare wrote:

Agreed, I look for fun. Skyking has none.

If having to sit through a difficult Q/R vs R/R game where Black will do everything not to trade rooks to simplify the position, and give White headaches is your definition of "fun," then by all means, have at it.

Getting checkmate without blinking is much more fun for me.  I appreciate you continuing to make it personal though, makes it easier to do what I have to do.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #122

bharat292

what a beauty

Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #123

BillBeachwood

Great title.  Very apropos.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #124

slowhare

ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

Agreed, I look for fun. Skyking has none.

If having to sit through a difficult Q/R vs R/R game where Black will do everything not to trade rooks to simplify the position, and give White headaches is your definition of "fun," then by all means, have at it.

Getting checkmate without blinking is much more fun for me.

Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #125

ndskykng

slowhare wrote:

Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

Show me a line.  I'll show you how I'll give you a headache.  If all you got is

3.. Rb8

4. Rc6 Rb7

then try again.  Surprise, I've outlasted mate-in-4.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #126

EM1NEM

1st

• 2 years ago · Quote · #127

slowhare

ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

Show me a line.  I'll show you how I'll give you a headache.  If all you got is

3.. Rb8

4. Rc6 Rb7

then try again.  Surprise, I've outlasted mate-in-4.

Chill man, you need to relax and have some fun.

So I took your Q, your move.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #128

nichalex

Odd isn't it. Really odd and crazy.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #129

FredBatchelor

Mighty fine.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #130

ndskykng

slowhare wrote:

The queen was gone LONG before 4..Rb7, get with the program.  Show me your line after 4...Rb7

Again, checkmate in four is fun for me.  I've already had several players private message me and agree its stubborn for sticking to 1. Qxc6 as an equally effective move.  All the decent players recognize that you shouldn't allow Black to check at d4.  They just don't want to be involved in a stupid internet fight, which is understandable.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #131

slowhare

ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

The queen was gone LONG before 4..Rb7, get with the program.  Show me your line after 4...Rb7

Again, checkmate in four is fun for me.  I've already had several players private message me and agree its stubborn for sticking to 1. Qxc6 as an equally effective move.  All the decent players recognize that you shouldn't allow Black to check at d4.  They just don't want to get into a stupid internet fight, which is understandable.

Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it. I'm sitting in Sam's Club waiting for new tires to be mounted and have nothing better to do. You need to learn to chill for your own good.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #132

domalius

simple but nice

• 2 years ago · Quote · #133

deepak21071974

hmm :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #134

ndskykng

slowhare wrote:
    Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it.
    slowhare wrote:

Title gave it totally away.

Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

slowhare wrote:
    Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out.

You said it "works too," on multiple occasions, meaning you thought it was an equally effective move. Duh.  

You also said Black will be "wiped out," and all I was trying to tell you is that Black will do everything he can to make his two rooks last as long as he can against the queen and rook.  Hell, just recently, you were "convinced" that backing up on the c-file would lead to domination.  

slowhare wrote:

Black will lose, but will by no means be "wiped out."  

Enjoy Sam's Club dude.  Keep in mind that working with stubborn people that hold on to beliefs despite mounting evidence sucks just as much.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #135

blakewalk

Not bad. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #136

joemarpb

NICE PUZZLE

• 2 years ago · Quote · #137

pajayjay

cool and brilliant

• 2 years ago · Quote · #138

slowhare

ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:
    Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it.
    slowhare wrote:

Title gave it totally away.

Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

slowhare wrote:
    Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out.

You said it "works too," on multiple occasions, meaning you thought it was an equally effective move. Duh.  

You also said Black will be "wiped out," and all I was trying to tell you is that Black will do everything he can to make his two rooks last as long as he can against the queen and rook.  Hell, just recently, you were "convinced" that backing up on the c-file would lead to domination.  

slowhare wrote:

Black will lose, but will by no means be "wiped out."  

Enjoy Sam's Club dude.  Keep in mind that working with stubborn people that hold on to beliefs despite mounting evidence sucks just as much.

I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #139

MartinUKL

Got it, devious!.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #140

ndskykng

slowhare wrote:

I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

Ouch.

Prob also means no time to change her oil either ;)

Post your reply: