• 2 years ago · Quote · #64

Emileagle

2. Nd2+Kc4 then what??

• 2 years ago · Quote · #65

Eris_Discordia

Good Puzzle!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #66

RenataCFC

Good lord the calculation on this one was brutal.  I saw the right idea with the first two knight moves pretty quickly, but the "mate in 4" title was still up at the time, and by the time I came back to it and saw "mate in 6" I'd moved off onto a half dozen other ineffective options.

I got back there eventually, but was pretty much out of steam.  I think I'd have gotten it right if you held a gun to my head, but not calculated out entirely as it should be.

I'd love to see more puzzles like this one.  It would be almost trivial with an analysis board, but to hold it all in your head for six moves is right on the bleeding edge of my capabilities at the moment.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #67

excaliber1

To solve this puzzle without any mistates would be agood player which I am not--thanks for the puzzle

• 2 years ago · Quote · #68

krishnaonlykrishna

good puzzle.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #69

Jeffmon

ndskykng wrote:
    Kris915 wrote:

First ? Last ? Who cares! :)

Exactly.

I care, and I'm keeping track with charts and graphs. I'll give out prizes at the end of the year so keep on firsting! The top 3 (first, firster, and firstest) will all get prizes. Incidentally, you don't actually have to be first to declare "first"; you can still earn points based on proximity to the actual first position, and caps/italics/bold/font size,color/exclamation all help (but I'll never reveal my formula for how this is all calculated). Good luck!

Nice puzzle! Pretty straight forward but it took some careful thought.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #70

RenataCFC

jakester127 wrote:

Black was threatening checkmate throughout this problem.  For white, it's a mattter of distinguishing moves that work and moves that don't.

Exactly.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #71

LawrenceB

nice!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #72

nimitshah123

nice one...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #73

Mathematics

nice

• 2 years ago · Quote · #74

MsIceQueen

Great Ice coordination of all of the White pieces.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #75

KittyAX

Wow nice puzzle!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #76

Jeffmon

RenataCFC wrote:

Good lord the calculation on this one was brutal.  I saw the right idea with the first two knight moves pretty quickly, but the "mate in 4" title was still up at the time, and by the time I came back to it and saw "mate in 6" I'd moved off onto a half dozen other ineffective options.

I got back there eventually, but was pretty much out of steam.  I think I'd have gotten it right if you held a gun to my head, but not calculated out entirely as it should be.

I'd love to see more puzzles like this one.  It would be almost trivial with an analysis board, but to hold it all in your head for six moves is right on the bleeding edge of my capabilities at the moment.

I could see the first couple moves too, then had to play them out and look for the third. After that I was able to see the mate in 3. Might have done it over the board, but only because the first moves followed good logic, e.g. forcing the opponent's king towards your side of the board.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #77

ReyRambler1960

Long pilmigrige for the King.Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #78

NuwanG

good!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #79

brucexsay

gp

• 2 years ago · Quote · #80

RookPFeynman

Very nice how te king gets cornered!

Post your reply: