Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

5/16/2012 - Challenging Mate in 2

• 2 years ago · Quote · #201

thesoulwatcher

Was stumped for a moment, then realized it was a chess.com puzzle... I looked for a possible queen sacrifice and it came to me. When all else fails... queen sac.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #202

awfulchess1234

easy

• 2 years ago · Quote · #203

yoursisnodisgrace

Nice

• 2 years ago · Quote · #204

EstebanTunggul

thesoulwatcher wrote:

Was stumped for a moment, then realized it was a chess.com puzzle... I looked for a possible queen sacrifice and it came to me. When all else fails... queen sac.

^

agreed. chess.com puzzles = 50% queen sac

• 2 years ago · Quote · #205

Ocky

... "Challenging"?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #206

h3lo123

Cool

• 2 years ago · Quote · #207

attackdefend

queen to c3 first could also work....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #208

Haesthlin

Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

This is the dumbest puzzle I've ever seen

• 2 years ago · Quote · #209

squirto

3 secs

• 2 years ago · Quote · #210

Jacob30

Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #211

Haesthlin

Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

Well I shouldn't have been so rude, I apologize, I was just a little upset that I spent my time studying the board and in the end realized it is a flawed puzzle. I mean, why should black play pawn to c2? I was always under the impression that the genius behind these puzzles is that you are forcing checkmate, with black having no options, whereas in the puzzle here posted by Deltasquad, there are many lines black could play. But then again, I could be very wrong....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #212

Jacob30

Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

Well I shouldn't have been so rude, I apologize, I was just a little upset that I spent my time studying the board and in the end realized it is a flawed puzzle. I mean, why should black play pawn to c2? I was always under the impression that the genius behind these puzzles is that you are forcing checkmate, with black having no options, whereas in the puzzle here posted by Deltasquad, there are many lines black could play. But then again, I could be very wrong....

ok ty

• 2 years ago · Quote · #213

Haesthlin

Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

ok ty

Do you not agree?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #214

Jacob30

Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

ok ty

Do you not agree?

agree about what?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #215

Haesthlin

Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

ok ty

Do you not agree?

agree about what?

I said the puzzle that Deltasquad posted wasn't good, you asked why? I replied,  because there are too many options and it doesn't force mate.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #216

Jacob30

Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:
    Haesthlin wrote:
    Deltaquad wrote:

Mate in Two

Why?

ok ty

Do you not agree?

agree about what?

I said the puzzle that Deltasquad posted wasn't good, you asked why? I replied,  because there are too many options and it doesn't force mate.

I think you must think like the puzzle maker to get the right option. The other thing, it does not say it forces mate.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #217

DaBigOne

aldums wrote:

last.  Here.  No one can take that rank from me.

Are you sure?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #218

etothepi

How is this challenging? I'm no GM, but I did this all instinctively... js.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #219

kartik89

u can also solve this by taking the knight with rook then moving the queen to front of king  d1-d5(bishop takes rook) then e5-c7

• 12 months ago · Quote · #220

ericyiiii

last comment

Post your reply: