Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

5/28/2011 - N.Kralin, Prize Magadan 1999

• 3 years ago · Quote · #41

General_Biscuit

_M8 wrote:

This puzzle is one of the best I've seen.

If anyone has a spare second, blog contest and I am trying to get as many votes for my friend as I can, , The URL is :

www.circleofmoms.com/top25/multiples

(This is not a chess related blog, I am only trying to help my friend. Chess players are a force to be reckoned with. If I can get even 15% of you to help it would rock. Thank you for your time. )

Her blog is " The Best Things in Life are THREE " she is in second place right now. You can vote for her once a day from each device (phone, computer, etc) and every vote helps. If you have time please vote for her blog. Thanks.

The best things in life are THREE??? Isn't the dooms day date three threes?

12/21/12= (1+2)/(2+1)/(1+2)

Are we supposed to have glee, when a gigantic sea of debri, causes a spree of people to pee down their knee; and when those holding to the tree, discover its not the way to flee. Eventually we all will see, there is no fee, the torment of Mother Nature is free, we must have the faith of a pea, because she really intends a key, to the meaning of three, for you and for me…. O sorry, I think I’m tired. ok I’ll vote!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #42

Andrija_D

the best ever puzzle...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #43

eddysallin

try apxp instead of pd7.......thus  one great puzzle. .....maybe the best ever !

• 3 years ago · Quote · #44

Mediocris

awesome

• 3 years ago · Quote · #45

eddysallin

scinikhil wrote:

what happend if i promote queen for first pawn??

you can't ! the chess point is u must under-permote......

• 3 years ago · Quote · #46

atafali_altaf

very good puzzle

• 3 years ago · Quote · #47

bazzer

very good

• 3 years ago · Quote · #48

Daltivic

Wow...impressive!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #49

PKJoshi

ShockeR_40 wrote:

question - why not 6...h4 ? there is no moves to make for black, isnt it a stalemate ?

Then comes 7. Rb6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #50

PKJoshi

scinikhil wrote:

what happend if i promote queen for first pawn??

Then it is a stalemate.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #51

elbowgrease

Wow

• 3 years ago · Quote · #52

darksquare

a hell move

• 3 years ago · Quote · #53

Juejj

Epic

• 3 years ago · Quote · #54

PKJoshi

This is indeed a great puzzle. Take a look - how the chess engine Houdini 1.5 played this puzzle. Though not exact solution but appreciable programming by the engine designer Robert Houdart. Vows to the puzzle creator and to the Houdini creator.

The engine's solution with its mainline given in brackets after each move -

1. Kf2 f4        2. d7 fxg3+    3. Kg1  g4       4. d8=R Kxh4      5. Rg8 Kh3

6. Rg6 Kh4     7. Rg7  Kh3    8. Rb7  Kh4     9. Rxa7  Kh3      10. Rh7 h4  {Black

resigns Mate in 13/36} *

I wanted to display it through graphic Chess Board as some other members have been doing on this forum - but I dont know to do it. Somebody may please do it for benefit of others.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #55

sjd510

Fantastic!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #56

shahronakm

Great puzzle.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #57

NimzoRoy

NOT EZ! Let's see more like this that are not chump-change mates-in-2

• 3 years ago · Quote · #58

SirHoofalot

This is crazy ! Black doesn't want to win ,so he finds an outrageous way to lose.With 2 pawn promotions for white ...His best piece was still ... the Black King ! Great Stuff !!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #59

dufferps

If I got a single move right in this, it was pure luck/chance.  (going back, I guess that is not quite true.  There are some moves, such as the last couple of King moves, that were pretty much forced, or at least obvious) And analyzing it, figuring all (or even any) of the "what if?s" (what if at any given point black had selected a different move from his available, admittadly limited, list of options?), would be completely beyond me - and probably beyond many a GM. 

Did the creator of this have them figured out?  I would love to see some of them.

I do think most good players (I can't include myself in that category) would have seen this after black's last h-pawn move (completely boxing-in his king), but even then, it was a big challenge to recognize that the rook sacrifice and underpromotion to knight would work.  At least at that point white didn't have to analyze multiple possible moves by his opponent.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #60

beno668

surely there is another way

Post your reply: