Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

5/6/2014 - Mate in 4


  • 3 months ago · Quote · #301

    MetalRatel

    tempcraft92 wrote:

    An interesting puzzle! If

    1... Nxh5

    2.Bf7+ Ke7

    3.Nd5+ Kd6

    4.Nc4#

    1st page

    Of course, they should have made the queen capture the main line.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #302

    BryanCFB

    MetalRatel wrote:
    tempcraft92 wrote:

    An interesting puzzle! If

    1... Nxh5

    2.Bf7+ Ke7

    3.Nd5+ Kd6

    4.Nc4#

    1st page

    Of course, they should have made the queen capture the main line.

    Yes.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #303

    KinthReeth

    Joe13423 wrote:

    why doesn't the knight capture the queen???

    mate in 4 but otherwise mate in 4, either way, mate in 4, do you get it?

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #304

    qeshmi

    1.Qh5???????????????????????????????    NxQ

    lol lol lol 

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #305

    Snommelp

    Hypothesis: many (perhaps a majority?) of the players asking about Nxh5 don't actually want an answer, they just want to show that they're smarter than the puzzle.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #306

    BryanCFB

    Snommelp wrote:

    Hypothesis: many (perhaps a majority?) of the players asking about Nxh5 don't actually want an answer, they just want to show that they're smarter than the puzzle.

    Yep.  Pretty much.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #307

    qianhaha

    awesome!

  • 2 months ago · Quote · #308

    PTaterface

    BryanCFB wrote:
    Snommelp wrote:

    Hypothesis: many (perhaps a majority?) of the players asking about Nxh5 don't actually want an answer, they just want to show that they're smarter than the puzzle.

    Yep.  Pretty much.

    Perhaps even a couple want to show they're superior to the many (perhaps the majority?).

  • 2 months ago · Quote · #309

    Snommelp

    PTaterface wrote:

    Perhaps even a couple want to show they're superior to the many (perhaps the majority?).

    Consider it a riff on Socrates' "I'm only wise because I realize I'm a fool." I also wondered about Nxh5, but rather than puffing myself up by pointing it out, I checked the comments and found out that someone had already explained it.

  • 2 months ago · Quote · #310

    Robinson312

    [COMMENT DELETED]

Back to Top

Post your reply: