10805 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Rf6# and g4#.
Very useful and nice.
Nice girls bobo!
Instructive - though if I was black, I would resign after white's first move
fairly easy, took about a minute
Unusual problem, but interesting.
Easy. Could not solve it, but easy! Very easy!
Oh, and first!
1.Kf3 closes off Black's one remaining escape square (from g4+ or Rf6+)
1. ... h5 would forestall g4+ from being checkmate, but 2. Rf6 would be checkmate. sooo....
1. ... Bd6, is black's best move. It provides an escape square from 2.g4+. and it prevents 2.Rf6+. Maybe white will blunder and capture with the pawn, leaving the escape square and blocking the rook from f6. But white doesn't blunder; he captures with 2.Rxd6, threatening Rf6# or g4# on the next move.
2. ... Ne4 is the best black can do, preventing 3.Rf6#. But white still has 3. g4#; Black has no way to prevent it
In this position,we note the following :
(1) the position is completely tactic
(2) king's opponent is completely restricted
(3)white has the move and thus initiative
(4)white simply can do mating net
....thus black can not do anything except throw pieces for free..and we learn many things from this puzzle but the most important thig is we do not move our king to restricted places on the board...
monday,monday go away, come bak another day....to b continued... great puzzle!
Good one :)
White to move wins (Difficult)
by LazyChessPlayer3201 6 minutes ago
Adding weight to pieces
by Mersaphe 11 minutes ago
How strong tactically should I be before concentrating on openings / plans?
by Indirect 14 minutes ago
How can I beat computer3-hard
by CrazyJae 15 minutes ago
sexism in chess?
by Elubas 22 minutes ago
Carlsen's next opponent in the WCC match
by arul_kumar 26 minutes ago
Playing well or just a bad game for the opponent?
by CrazyJae 35 minutes ago
Chess = calculation
by Mersaphe 36 minutes ago
wrong winner in team match
by Crazychessplaya 37 minutes ago
Post your best miniatures here
by tmkroll 37 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2014 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!