• 15 months ago · Quote · #141

cfrench49

Good one.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #142

en_passentknight

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 15 months ago · Quote · #143

KiraTuGa

Easy Wink but I thought white would let we give check mate, nice sacrifice, very interesting Cool

• 15 months ago · Quote · #144

Easeland

Difficult One

• 15 months ago · Quote · #145

whiteknight48

Solved! =]

• 15 months ago · Quote · #146

SaltySquid

I actually solved that one, unusual.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #147

horsegate

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 15 months ago · Quote · #148

ThaGoodBoy

interesting

• 15 months ago · Quote · #149

vnitturi

nf1 wouldn't change anything because

of the following puzzle

• 15 months ago · Quote · #150

DaveOakRidges

page 9

• 15 months ago · Quote · #151

mbagley

it is ok

• 15 months ago · Quote · #152

3943rjfrolland

Cool

• 15 months ago · Quote · #153

delgreer

Chess problems are supposed to end in white checkmating.  I hate these.  If the win state isn't going to be checkmate (which is a ridiculous idea in itself), would it be too much to ask that each puzzle has a description of the win state -- mate in 4, white to play and win, white to capture a queen, something?

• 15 months ago · Quote · #154

ponz111

If you state somethink like White to capture a queen you just about give the whole problem away. However White to play and  win would be ok.

Of if it is a mate say how many moves is also ok.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #155

BryanCFB

delgreer wrote:

Chess problems are supposed to end in white checkmating.  I hate these.  If the win state isn't going to be checkmate (which is a ridiculous idea in itself), would it be too much to ask that each puzzle has a description of the win state -- mate in 4, white to play and win, white to capture a queen, something?

Even though the ultimate goal in chess is to achieve checkmate, it is not always immediate and cannot always be pinpointed to a certain number of moves (at least by humans).  Puzzles such as these are good because they are a realistic representation of what one usually has to go through in order to win a chess game.  The mate in "x" amount of moves are not always available to us in our games.

I suppose it would be helpful if Chess.com would provide an explanation of why the final position in a puzzle is winning (if not checkmate) or drawing.  However, in any puzzle I've ever done and wondered about the final position, this answer has been discussed in the comments section.  So I would suggest reading through the comments.  They will be very helpful.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #156

ab52613

IT WAS SO EASY❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗⭕❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗⭕❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗

• 15 months ago · Quote · #157

catchawave

Actually the puzzle is incomplete because White has NOT won anything yet. Black will fork the White King and Queen, winning the Queen. White still has a few more CORRECT moves that are mandatory, and if not made correctly, will NOT result in a White win. White could blunder, and end up LOSING or DRAWING if the rest of the sequence is NOT played out correctly. Not until White captures the Black rook and ends up a full bishop ahead in the end game is White out of the woods. So, this puzzle is NOT sufficient and to say that White has won after capturing the Black Queen is not correct. White SHOULD WIN, yes, but it is NOT inevitable. Blunders happen all the time.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #158

JCE77

nice

• 15 months ago · Quote · #159

Ocky

Whoa!

• 15 months ago · Quote · #160

DaveN

vnitturi wrote:

nf1 wouldn't change anything because

of the following puzzle

Thank you for explaining! That was driving me crazy!

Post your reply: