Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

6/9/2012 - Reality Check

• 22 months ago · Quote · #61

shengyi

It's real.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #62

newbie_learner

I 'solved' this, but in a real game, I may have difficulty finishing off Black. After Qxe2 Kxf7, what is the best plan to simplify for White? I thought Black is disadvantaged but not hopeless, as there may be chances that White overlooks possible perpetual checks and so on. What do you all think?

• 22 months ago · Quote · #63

BryanCFB

newbie_learner wrote:

I 'solved' this, but in a real game, I may have difficulty finishing off Black. After Qxe2 Kxf7, what is the best plan to simplify for White? I thought Black is disadvantaged but not hopeless, as there may be chances that White overlooks possible perpetual checks and so on. What do you all think?

Agreed.  This will be a tough win for white as it's hard to find a clear winning plan other than to try to force a queen trade, but white should definitely win.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #64

U_Got_Pawwned

I dont get why the king cant move to d7 out of check at the last position ... and i certainly dont get why the king wouldnt take the bishop

• 22 months ago · Quote · #65

MichaelEva1

U-Got_Pawwned, they are assuming the player absolutely refuses to give up his queen. All the movements of the king keep it next to the queen to defend it.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #66

MichaelEva1

At the end yes, the king will take the bishop leaving white with 6 pawns and a queen and black with 4 pawns and a queen. The result is simply reducing the attacking pieces of black as the rook was in a strong position originally. Now the balance is clearly in white's favour.

Post your reply: