Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

7/10/2013 - Mate In 5

• 15 months ago · Quote · #61

paulified22

Eaglenation5 wrote:

So...do people actually try to SOLVE the puzzle before posting or is it an all out free for all to post in an effort to get on the first page? 

Some people do post and then go back to puzzle.I really don't get it,but being on first page in some people's mind's is like they have done something great in their mind's.And the funny thing is most just say first page,and nothing about puzzle.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #62

paulified22

Arhkaos wrote:

I'm probably missing something, but why can't the king escape on d7 (5...Bf6+ 6.Kd7)  ?

White's position's very good but i really can't see the mate here...

There's a black B on d7,and N is covering d6 and f6

• 15 months ago · Quote · #63

Aweceons

nice...

• 15 months ago · Quote · #64

Aweceons

nice...

• 15 months ago · Quote · #65

AboveHeaven

Good puzzle had to really put my mind to it for a moment there. :)

• 15 months ago · Quote · #66

AboveHeaven

paulified22 wrote:
    Eaglenation5 wrote:

So...do people actually try to SOLVE the puzzle before posting or is it an all out free for all to post in an effort to get on the first page? 

Some people do post and then go back to puzzle.I really don't get it,but being on first page in some people's mind's is like they have done something great in their mind's.And the funny thing is most just say first page,and nothing about puzzle.

I like trying to get on the first page because it typically means people will challenge me/message me. It's a nice way to meet other players.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #67

sadocyprus

just clever..

• 15 months ago · Quote · #68

alex-rider

The best puzzle of all

• 15 months ago · Quote · #69

stephenlikesto

Nice one.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #70

DaTribe

Indeed a difficult one. Definitely not showing "mate in x" simulates real otb games and increases the difficulty.

The materialistic should solve this easily :), but the mate hunter has many misdirections.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #71

superchess100

Boy, it was Cool!

• 15 months ago · Quote · #72

rise512

easy

• 15 months ago · Quote · #73

dkcoollike

AboveHeaven wrote:
    paulified22 wrote:
    Eaglenation5 wrote:

I like trying to get on the first page because it typically means people will challenge me/message me. It's a nice way to meet other players.

exactly!! I have made friends that way..

• 15 months ago · Quote · #74

jlmolgar

I LIKE IT, EASY

• 15 months ago · Quote · #75

raghnandan

GoldenEye.....

• 15 months ago · Quote · #76

Lady69

Good one! Thanks!

• 15 months ago · Quote · #77

mandana25

nice

• 15 months ago · Quote · #78

ChessMasterIrwin

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 15 months ago · Quote · #79

yoursisnodisgrace

Nice puzzle. I just kept making forcing moves.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #80

vanhafford

Only the Grandmasters and Masters see a five move mate!  Thanks for the lesson.

Post your reply: