Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

7/19/2013 - Mate in 9

• 2 years ago · Quote · #181

TrevorTheGuy

asdf

• 2 years ago · Quote · #182

Dadnavy71

Did not solve, had to click solution, but solution did not show move it accepted before!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #183

STeeLWord7

Beautiful!  No flaws and crazy to exicute, but the solution is there!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #184

Arizonaboy

Mate in 9?! Dang! Let's just say I didn't get this one

• 2 years ago · Quote · #185

leovinik

Okey!CoolCoolCool

• 2 years ago · Quote · #186

BryanCFB

slowhare wrote:

This is good too, but...

Interesting idea.  I don't think on 1...Nb6 2. Ne5, that 2...Qc7 was best for black.  It helps white out because it leaves black's queen under attack after 3. Nxc6. 

2...Qe8 looks stronger.  Although white wins a piece and seems to stand better after 3. Nxc6, it also prevents the deadly 3. Qxc6+, while leaving black's queen less vunerable to attack. 

You also neglected to cover 1...Ka6 2. Qxc6+ Nb6.  Again white has won a piece, but when given the chance, black can place the queen on either e8 or d7, and all of white's queen penetration squares should be covered. 

White may winning after 1. Rb1+, but for the reasons above, the puzzle forced mate is certainly easier and should be stronger.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #187

06-jwagg

1. Rb1+ just doesn't work as Nb6 blocks the b file, while the white queen is still under attack by the f pawn.  Furthermore, the knight needs to be on d7 for the combination to work, blocking of the king's escape, so 1. Rb1+ actually helps black to reorganise his pieces

• 2 years ago · Quote · #188

BryanCFB

06-jwagg wrote:

1. Rb1+ just doesn't work as Nb6 blocks the b file, while the white queen is still under attack by the f pawn.  Furthermore, the knight needs to be on d7 for the combination to work, blocking of the king's escape, so 1. Rb1+ actually helps black to reorganise his pieces

Good point.  There you go.  1. Rb1+ Nb6 2. Ne5 just hangs white's queen to 2...fxe4, which I didn't even notice, with no checkmate to follow, as opposed to the puzzle solution.  So 1. Rb1+ probably loses because the b-file will then be partially closed up after 1...Nb6, again different from the puzzle, and 2. Ne5 definitely loses.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #189

jumides

got it

• 2 years ago · Quote · #190

Hotelsonmars

Cry I can't stop farting... am I ok?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #191

SiBoRc

I always wanted to catch the Queen with my N...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #192

mvallejo70

Done.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #193

cardinal46

Yell

• 2 years ago · Quote · #194

Arjee

Done

• 23 months ago · Quote · #195

diamondpawn1

Xonicide wrote:
    Phylar wrote:

Holy potato wedges Batman! I saw up to move six and my brain just couldn't handle anymore and promptly dropped the position.

Seriously how long would you have to stare at it b4 you knew all 9 of the moves?!?

Ive gotta admit that i seen up to 5 moves and after that i had to ask for help on my next 2 moves.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #196

GSHAPIROY

MSC157 wrote:

Ohhh, that's tremendous! Chapeau! 

Let's take a look:

Not next move, black can start checking

• 23 months ago · Quote · #197

ebicici

nice!

Post your reply: