Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

7/4/2014 - Bronstein-Mikenas 1965

• 5 months ago · Quote · #221

Nielzzoz

jhorlock wrote:

I didn't get the first move.  

Just wondering experts: Is black forced to take the rook?  I can't see a much better option, but could he for example move g6?

We have a question here is black forced to play a6 take the white rook ,what a bout playing g6 or even g5 ,will it safe the king ?? some one to answer please and pay attention ::::yes black will loose a rook but will safe his king .

• 5 months ago · Quote · #222

BryanCFB

ShaPe1991 wrote:

what about 1.Qe8+ Rxe8 2.Rxe8+ Qf8 3.Rxf8#  that seems right?

1...Qf8 first, and black defends.  Just because material is offered doesn't mean it has to be accepted.

• 4 months ago · Quote · #223

anman88

? but there is a easier more forcing way i dont get it. back Qe8 check exploits blacks back rank problems and wins straight away 

• 4 months ago · Quote · #224

BryanCFB

anman88 wrote:

? but there is a easier more forcing way i dont get it. back Qe8 check exploits blacks back rank problems and wins straight away 

Check the post above yours.

• 7 weeks ago · Quote · #225

KonVictor

"Because, as others have mentioned, black would instead respond to Qe8+ with Qf8 and the checkmate has been foiled. There's no good reason for black to respond with Rxe8, especially if black sees the checkmate coming, which they would."

but even with that its whites turn queen and rooks are gone for the black because is forcing a check that or sacerficing a major piece. yes its a good defense but white still be dominating the game regardless.

Post your reply: