rokhshad

It's nice but very easy.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #43

jacklemmon77

second move was very hard to find...good puzz

• 4 years ago · Quote · #44

jeffstevens

E-Kuko wrote:

Nestorescu and Joita 1983 (composers) - White to play and win (with explanation - please, read it all before potential commenting; just replay the puzzle after solving it):

NICE PUZZLE !!!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #45

rumi99

good

• 4 years ago · Quote · #46

BenTal

jeffstevens wrote:

after Qa4 what if the Black moves Nc6 nd then a5 ???

There is certainly a little more to this position than where it stops! There are still plenty of tactics to negotiate, with the Bishop on b4 still hanging. After Nc6, white has Ba6, attacking the rook on c8, and preventing a5. After Rc6 Ba6 is also comes into play. Here are some lines...

• 4 years ago · Quote · #47

Mokgoetsi

i just knowthe chess basics. i want to learn more. where can I go to learn more. I new mwmber and haveno friends online.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #48

MDJMASTER

• 4 years ago · Quote · #49

dufferps

jeffstevens wrote:

after Qa4 what if the Black moves Nc6 nd then a5 ???

I think the moves in this puzzle were all strong moves, but, as jeffstevens wrote, it is what happens afterwards that matters. I agree that Nc6 would be a probable response by black; I'm not sure what would be achieved by "then a5."

This is a really complex situation.  The black knight is pinned at c6.  It would appear that he is in a position to capture at d8 to gain material and defuse the
    threat, but then, Qxe8+ (knight is blocking rook from protecting the e8 square),
    Kh7, Bd3#.   
    But what is white's best immediate response?   After considering a number of moves (Rxc8, Nb3, Rd1-d6, and some others) I decided Ba6 offered the best opportunities  (at least a bishop for rook trade, probably more).

EDIT:
    BenTal has neatly shown that 2. ... Rc6 would be a stronger move than 2. ... Nc6 for black. Now I can't find any really strong response for white.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #50

littlehotpot

good puzzle

• 4 years ago · Quote · #51

1plus1is4

when 2.Qa4 the black king can escape to a7 and white loses his bishop after killing the knight. BBOOO dailypuzzle the failure

• 4 years ago · Quote · #52

wheelsonfire

i would just trade down as white

• 4 years ago · Quote · #53

engrian

realy nice!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #54

edizone

hmmm ,,

Cool

not so bad ..

• 4 years ago · Quote · #55

wheelsonfire

1plus1is3 wrote:

when 2.Qa4 the black king can escape to a7 and white loses his bishop after killing the knight. BBOOO dailypuzzle the failure

White can afford to trade with black. Black needs to find something better than just escape.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #56

MarissaLopez

It's always nice when your opponent folds so quickly.

I'd sure like to play poker with Mr. Black, today.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #57

alfilet

I miss last move agggh

• 4 years ago · Quote · #58

nickel1356

good puzzle...

• 4 years ago · Quote · #59

megjjj

okey

• 4 years ago · Quote · #60

ZayarShay

not so god.