Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

8/20/2011 - Long Distance

• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

Alfatron012

Good one

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

IncrediBill

I kept wanting to do the Bishop capture of the Rook right from the get go.  But it was interesting to see how the threat of Mate on Black gave the Queen time to support the Bishop, so the Bishop would not have to be exchanged for the Rook.  Once you know what the objective of the puzzle is, then all of the moves make sense.

Perhaps if the objective of the puzzle was, "Capture the Rook without losing your Bishop", then we would have a better idea as to how to approach the puzzle.

My original thoughts were, capture the Black Rook with the Bishop, Black Queen captures Bishop, then White Queen captures the Black Bishop on the e7 square.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #23

FabioR

Both puzzles are very good!! Thanks!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #24

rohit2rule

PauliusEidukas wrote:

What's the point of this "puzzle"? No mate, no sacrifices... I guess it's just to regain material equalty?

not equality the knight is hanging

• 3 years ago · Quote · #25

kwv

goood

• 3 years ago · Quote · #26

eddysallin

If the point is an advantage in material, start with bxr, Qxb and Qxb will get u that ending.....puzzle needs a heading on whats going on, e.g.       white gains a piece, or white to find winning position.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #27

dloke

cool puzzle! I had to use trial and error to figure it out though. So is white supposed to be able to win or...........?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #28

lph

excellent game

• 3 years ago · Quote · #29

jbeest

Loved the Reti puzzle posted by E-Kuko;  a gem with just a few pieces.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #30

Moon_Knight

1.Qe5 Seems like the best move. If black captures the queen you get his queen and a rook. If he plays f6 to stop mate instead of capturing then 2. Bxd5. I'm kind of shocked that that wasn't the answer...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #31

MJo

Why can't I play 1.Bxd5 Qxd5 2.Qxe7?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #32

Talin-huu

confused...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #33

Moon_Knight

Material is even again and I think white might have an advantage...
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #34

RSzgvYzxpizmp

PauliusEidukas wrote:

What's the point of this "puzzle"? No mate, no sacrifices... I guess it's just to regain material equalty?

Don't post comments like that. Chess puzzles are to teach tactics and theories. Chess isn't just about sacrifices and checkmating the opponent. You need material to checkmate the opponent in the first place. Your comment just shows how little chess knowledge you really have.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #35

paulified22

i do not get it,how does game end?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #36

Logical_Chess

I don't really see the point of moving to Be1... 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #37

mredus

I don't understand 4. Be1 at all, can someone please explain? What's wrong with Bf6?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #38

rbk1

bit lengthy one (as mentioned in title).. hmm...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #39

chuwi

very good puzzle

• 3 years ago · Quote · #40

SummersIron

Great puzzle, E-Kuko. Too hard for me.

Post your reply: