Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

8/30/2012 - Blood in the Water

• 2 years ago · Quote · #161

Cavatine

gunnerrforever wrote:

Guys I have a doubt.. Why cant the black queen move to f7 ??? Its not Check mate !!!!!

The black queen moves to f7 where it is pinned and then the White Q is free to swoop right in front of the black King right in front of it, with the black Q watching helplessly nearby, giving Checkmate with support of the white Knight.   For me the key question to ask myself is "What is this white bishop going to do?" and then I randomly thought "What if White sacks the rook here?" and the two questions combined to give me the answer to the puzzle.  But before that I was going to think about slow moves, and realized the white Q could be taken by the Black one; then only something quick and surprising could lead to a checkmate.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #162

leonelcm

Good one, thanx for sharing...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #163

sara_manju

this is brilliant puzzle. water in the bloodCool

• 2 years ago · Quote · #164

Ocapi777

FIRST!!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #165

codeblue82

wouldn't a move by black Qf7 prevent mate that this point?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #166

oblite

=D

• 2 years ago · Quote · #167

resa1234

3. Bxg6+

• 2 years ago · Quote · #168

AdeptSD

I feel like ur not in this anymore. These puzzles make me feel sad for the fraudulent mind that would declare this offering, even modestly challenging. I literally invited a street urchin, with a cursory understanding of the game, to dwell upon this so called puzzle. After a moment, he looked up and spit in my face. "Don't waste my time, guy. I may be disadvantaged, but i can tie my fucking shoes and feed myself. This is an insult"

• 2 years ago · Quote · #169

jvlzksdjghxcjkghlkdf

gunnerrforever wrote:

Guys I have a doubt.. Why cant the black queen move to f7 ??? Its not Check mate !!!!!

NxF7++

• 2 years ago · Quote · #170

SherlockHolmes94

Very nice, similar to Yestarday's

• 2 years ago · Quote · #171

sessizguc

Rxe6 is screaming...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #172

Ken-Lo

Cool

• 2 years ago · Quote · #173

-HNHS-Nikki-

not 3 moves

• 2 years ago · Quote · #174

jnjnelson

The "solution" is not checkmate; the queen can still move between the king and the bishop.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #175

Jacob30

hmmz

• 2 years ago · Quote · #176

thedarkknight77

yay

• 24 months ago · Quote · #177

stephen_33

jnjnelson wrote:

The "solution" is not checkmate; the queen can still move between the king and the bishop.

True but how do you prevent 4.Qe7# (or Ng7#) ?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #178

luigi72

difficult

• 24 months ago · Quote · #179

jnjnelson

stephen_33 wrote:
    jnjnelson wrote:

True but how do you prevent 4.Qe7# (or Ng7#) ?

I make no claims as to how to prevent other moves, I'm merely pointing out that this "solution" is different from all the "solutions" that I have seen for the daily puzzles, in that this one does not end in checkmate.  I'm interested to know why we have broken from the consistency.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #180

Somayah

Nice one

Post your reply: