KumarAnkur

good one!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

Razzfazz

tough nut!
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #23

Dark-Pulse94

my first puzzle, and too easy...

you lose both Bishops to get a rook and a Bishop... not too bad, but how to get the checkmate from here? that's gonna be the hard one xD

• 3 years ago · Quote · #24

rbk1

not so easy one..!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #25

TheDarkKnite

hmmmmmmmmSealed

• 3 years ago · Quote · #26

manish_chawla

somebody....

play with me...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #27

K911

A very stange puzzle....................Undecided

• 3 years ago · Quote · #28

IncrediBill

alexeyv wrote:

Why black 3...fxe6 instead of queen exchange?

Black will end up down a Bishop, because when White recaptures the Queen with his Bishop, he will also give "check".  Black will then have to respond to the "check" allowing the White Bishop to escape with his bounty.  See Post # 2 on Page 1.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #29

pbazan

Really interesting

• 3 years ago · Quote · #30

Drikhen

Had to use help:(

• 3 years ago · Quote · #31

Suki_N

Very nice puzzle

• 3 years ago · Quote · #32

mcshahb

nice... only get first move correct by first try... for the first i learn smtg from daily puzzle here

• 3 years ago · Quote · #33

daxternator

It's Okay

• 3 years ago · Quote · #34

Skwerly

wow definitely a challenging one!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #35

peterkroes

Excellent puzzle, well done crew!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #36

MParkie

IncrediBill wrote:

I definitely had to click help solving this one.  Nice of chess.com to throw us a curve ball instead of your standard Mating puzzle . . . helps keep us on our toes.

I am not sure how the rest of this game actually played out, but even though White gained an advantage, I think that it would still end up as a draw.  I tried extending the game myself, but I got to a dead end.  Perhaps someone could shed some insight?

Maybe exchange the queens, followed by the exchange of the a pawns? Then white would probably try to overpower black with his three connected pawns.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #37

Zinsch

It's not that easy to force an exchange of queens. Black will try to keep its queen alive.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #38

Firezen

what about 1...Ke8? its better than going exchange down.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #39

pauix

Awesome. I had to click help more than once. Thanks a lot for explaining the puzzle, IncrediBill!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #40

paulified22

this game is whac ked,it says black to move,i think i tried every move i could move,but evidently i did not because i had to hit help,then it rejected Qh8 check,then saced bishop don,t ask me why,maybe black was supposed to win,puzzle ended with white Qa8.definatly did not understand this puzzle but THANKS CHESS,COM for rattling my brains.i know game was not over,black had moves it could make.let me read what everyone else had to say.

Post your reply: