Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

8/6/2011 - Going to the Edge and Back

• 3 years ago · Quote · #121

bulldozeher

Why doesnt black bishop take on the first move??

• 3 years ago · Quote · #122

besmir

IncrediBill wrote:

Attention:  Chess.com

Re:  Suggested Programming Change for the Daily Puzzle

Dear Chess.com,

You have probably noticed in the Posts of the Daily Puzzle’s that there have been a number of people who post messages like, “First” or “Second” and other such nonsensical messages that clutter up the pages.  These are generally followed up by people posting their frustration and complaints about the people who do this.

May I suggest that you create a “Rating” system for the messages that people post.  It could be a “Star” system where posts could be ranked by the readers from one to five stars.  You could then create a page that appears directly after the puzzle itself, where you could gather together the highest ranked posts.

This would greatly improve the Daily Puzzles.   People who are genuinely interested in discussing the puzzle, or looking for explanations to the puzzle, would know where to find the best answers, because they will have been pre-screened by the readers themselves.  It would save everyone the trouble of having to sift through pages and pages of posts to try and find the answers to their questions.

I am sure that there are other ways or methods that the above concept could be carried out or applied.  The above idea is something just off the top of my head.   But I think you get the idea of what is trying to be achieved.

Thanks for all your hard work.  Keep it up.

Totally agree!!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #123

Mr_ha

This puzzle was way by me, it seemed like a pretty extravegent move sequence for such a minimal advantage that people are saying ends in a draw. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #124

kaichess

interesting, tricked me

• 3 years ago · Quote · #125

paulified22

benusa wrote:

all right i will bite.why would i sit here and attempt to try and play your puzzle?when there are ? how many moves i could possibly make over two moves? take a guess for a coudo

• 3 years ago · Quote · #126

RMM

One of the best puzzles I've seen

• 3 years ago · Quote · #127

merce

Antarid wrote:

Took me a while! A nice one, but i dont see the point

very good puzzle, the point to me was gaining material advantage which will prove essential in the end game.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #128

paulified22

kskid wrote:

i AGREE 100% WITH iNCREDIBILL but wouldn't it be eaiser to just have who ever censors the (Comment deleted) clean the "Firsts" out also. Or if done with a filter, add first and related words to the filter.

"pure genious"

• 3 years ago · Quote · #130

tintilineo99

Ok this one was good specialy whe we didnt know what we were supose to do. I liked it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #131

iftikhor

I did it but was looking for a checkmate...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #132

yavorendo

difficult

• 3 years ago · Quote · #133

atafali_altaf

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #134

OlegNikulin

Nice one. Took me 10 minutes to solve

• 3 years ago · Quote · #135

PapadakisDK

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #136

ashaki111

hmmm... i had 2 randomly select pices 2 figure this out... 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #137

WhitWhitSzeto

hey Incredibill this game would not end in a draw. I would simply go to Qf4 to pin his queen, yea I would lose the H pawn (if decided to take) I would get their C pawn easily and just move the A pawn up and the rook can just block off their King from moving down. Having good positioned rook, the king would be able to advance up more.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #138

DESTROYER8

cool eighths

• 3 years ago · Quote · #139

ashmo

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• 3 years ago · Quote · #140

ashmo

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post your reply: