Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

8/7/2010 - Precise Checking

• 4 years ago · Quote · #41

ChessMaster453

Puzzle Of The Day

1.Qe8+ Qg8 2.Qe5+ Qg7 3.Qh2+ Kg8 4.Qa2+ Kh8 5.Qa8+ Qg8 6.Qa1+ Qg7 7.Qh1+ Kg8 8.Qd5+ Kh8 9.Qd8+ Qg8 10.Qd4+ Qg7 11.Qh4+ Kg8 12.Qc4+ Kh8 13.Qc8+ Qg8 14.Qc3+ Qg7 15.Qh3+ Kg8 16.Qc8+ Qf8 17.Qc4+ Kh8 18.Qh4+ Kg7 19.Ne6+ 

• 4 years ago · Quote · #42

Tnarg

Even with a computers help I dont realy get it,  but it seems to be all about getting to a postion where you can check from all side ie from h3 c3 and c8 that is what you need to force the fork whites first checks are about getting there with out letting blacks out of the cage made by his own queen and the white knight.  computer says the puzzle if good and is mate in 25 from the starting position.  There is only one winning line for whites and all blacks moves are forced if he dose not want to lost he queen quickly.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #43

J_N

Nice and hard but too many moves

• 4 years ago · Quote · #44

Lawdoginator

Wow!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #45

J_N

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 4 years ago · Quote · #46

colmbuckley

good puzzle. amazingly long piece of work to manipulate the king and queen positions. it is good to look at the first and laast checking positions and then see again how to get from A to M.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #47

brianator

without the hint (title) I wouldn't have pursued that course as far as that

• 4 years ago · Quote · #48

ooo000ooo

Honestly... would have asked for a draw !

• 4 years ago · Quote · #49

block1312

wow?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #50

Chessismaths

super good puzzle

• 4 years ago · Quote · #51

MarissaLopez

This type of format would be MUCH better, if the program allowed us to make our moves, without the wrong one being rejected.   Let us make our moves, and then have the computer respond with it's counter move, till either we win, lose, stale mate, or give up.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #52

bedanga

can not term it as a good puzzle it is a bit long

• 4 years ago · Quote · #53

megjjj

ok

• 4 years ago · Quote · #54

chessknight12345

TOok me long enough

• 4 years ago · Quote · #55

joemarpb

ok

• 4 years ago · Quote · #56

breidi

Yes it was long, but at least far better than those silly Sunday non-puzzles.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #57

Benjsquires

• 4 years ago · Quote · #58

chuwi

nice one

• 4 years ago · Quote · #59

noname1959

I don't get this at all. The king is checked but not mated. What is the strategy and why does the puzzle end here? I don't see any accomplishment. What am I missing?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #60

hoipolloi

noname1959 wrote:

I don't get this at all. The king is checked but not mated. What is the strategy and why does the puzzle end here? I don't see any accomplishment. What am I missing?

Figuring out the point of the puzzle is part of the puzzle.  In this case, it's white to play and win.  White's next will be Nxf8 with a won endgame K+Q vs K+P.

Post your reply: