• 4 years ago · Quote · #21

lithium11

mental.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #22

ShadowKnight8702

Nice puzzle

• 4 years ago · Quote · #23

kev34

I get it...if white exchanges queens, then its a draw. That's why white continues to check (without allowing a draw by repetition) until black is forced to move into a weak position.

Good puzzle Smile

• 4 years ago · Quote · #24

Coopah

Great Puzzle

• 4 years ago · Quote · #25

hoipolloi

LOL. White wants to force the Black K&Q onto f8&g7 for the N fork.  That means getting the K onto g8 and check on 8th rank to force the Black Q to f8. Finally the threat of Qh7# forces the Black K to g7.  Job done. But the White Q has to tour the board because the White N and Black P keep getting in her way.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #26

Todd87

what da ... ?!#

• 4 years ago · Quote · #27

WaterAlch

The simple terms of the idea:

Not sure (though maybe possible) if this was all planned by White. If he was only wanting to reach a position though, his goal (for those who were confused as to what was going on) was to separate the King and Queen which (I'm assuming inevitably) led to the fork.

If you notice, the only time the K & Q got separated was at the very end.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #28

misi_khee

19 moves, all forced...Pure magic!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #29

LammeFrans

Very nice puzzle!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #30

PauIKing

homosapien wrote:

Wtf is this? youd need a rating of 15000 to solve this...

loool

• 4 years ago · Quote · #31

AmrAbulaban

Black didnt slip these moves are forced

very nice puzzle indeed

• 4 years ago · Quote · #32

Gil-Gandel

hoipolloi wrote:

LOL. White wants to force the Black K&Q onto f8&g7 for the N fork.  That means getting the K onto g8 and check on 8th rank to force the Black Q to f8. Finally the threat of Qh7# forces the Black K to g7.  Job done. But the White Q has to tour the board because the White N and Black P keep getting in her way.

Superb analysis! What are you doing with a rating of only 1200? Laughing

• 4 years ago · Quote · #33

dufferps

Wow -  Tough enough to see white's positional objective (black queen forced away from g7-g8 to knight forkable f8 square - and black king at h8 where queen can check him from someplace on the h-column).  But seeing the precise sequence of forcing checks to get that is fantastic.  I didn't see either of those until after getting the solution by trial and error, and even after seeing and understanding the objective, I could never find the checking sequence without making some mistakes.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #34

tovida

misi_khee wrote:

19 moves, all forced...Pure magic!

indeed...very good one

• 4 years ago · Quote · #35

vincent_pang

beautiful.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #36

nase

That makes me wonder, if I keep putting the oppenent in chess in a real game, will a fork fall out of the sky?

Good puzzle.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #37

player0410

aldlv wrote:

i think i understanded the idea, but did it was kind og long? it could be getter with less? no? can someone explain this? 

I agree!  More or less the same moves were repeated over and over again with the same result.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #38

PleaseSignHere____

More Steps Than The Eiffel Tower...

But worth the climb.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #39

1qaz2wsx3edc

So the way I figure it white I slowly getting his queen in place for separating the black king and queen, but I'm a bit confused why black didn't move his king to G8 instead of G7 in the second last move. Anyone help?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #40

Gil-Gandel

1qaz2wsx3edc wrote:

So the way I figure it white I slowly getting his queen in place for separating the black king and queen, but I'm a bit confused why black didn't move his king to G8 instead of G7 in the second last move. Anyone help?

Qh7# if he does.

Post your reply: