Jennyli

r these moves forced??????Undecided

• 3 years ago · Quote · #142

ReyRambler1960

Nice.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #143

Chesster-Field

The_Knight_Master wrote:

this was really easy for a saturday. and where is the canadian guy with his analysis?

I would say that it would be pretty hard for them to have topped Friday's puzzle.  They should have switched the two around. 

I miss incredibill's analysis too.  It is always great to find a thorough analysis on the first page, instead of wading through pages of posts to find the answers you are looking for.  It also tends to decrease the number of people asking the same questions over and over again. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #144

knightofcrashtest

Dumb...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #145

knightofcrashtest

Best version!!!! Draw! Red and Blue move line correct variations!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #146

dctpianist

knightofcrashtest wrote:

Best version!!!! Draw! Red and Blue move line correct variations!

Your analysis of Rxg7 is incorrect. Always be sure to keep an eye out for sneaky tactics your opponent can use against you! As I posted in an earlier analysis:

• 3 years ago · Quote · #147

pierre_67

Hey, sorry I don't usually try the puzzles.

Today I figured, hell give them a shot and opppssss.... :(

I don't get it, can anybody tell me why the queen doesn't take the castle ?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #148

weijing98

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #149

MsJean

Hello and i do say im sorry for this interruption,,I just need your help and I will be brief  My thread has been hijacked by     Shahmata64

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/its-all-a-big-lie?ncc=2#first_new_comment

I know a Troll can have such a large appetite .When any of you have a moment i thought pancakes and waffles would be a nice meal for him..Any way you want to serve them would be kind of you..thanks for your time and resume your Chess please...MsJean

• 3 years ago · Quote · #150

dctpianist

Pierre, there's a rule in chess called stalemate. If no legal moves are available for one side to play, the game ends in a draw. If the queen takes the rook on e2, white would no longer have any legal moves. The king would not be able to move to e6, e7, or e8 because the e file is covered by the queen. The king would not be able to move to f6 or f8 because those squares are covered by the bishop. And last, the king would not be able to move to g6 or g8 because those squares are covered by the pawn and black king. White would not be able to move anywhere, so the game would end in a draw.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #151

moslo

This is a game with which I am not familiar.  Brilliant, and so far beyond anything I would ever come up with that it's like a foreign language.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #152

tanmay_chakrabarti

good puz.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #153

jinnd319

dctpianist wrote:
    jinnd319 wrote:

WORST PUZZLE EVER. WHITE LOST THAT HANDS DOWN WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING. LOOK AT IT. EVEN ENDING POSITION BLACK CAPTURES ROOK THEN WHAT?

Dear jinnd,

Posting in all caps does not magically make you right. Please look at one of serveral dozen comments, or one of 3 or 4 analyses, and learn why this is a good puzzle.

first off all caps does magically make you right. second I did what you said and the puzzle makes alot more sense although it's still a shakey stalemate. again what if black says "Imma use my bishop"?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #154

merce

good food for thought :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #155

MsJean

Hello

I offer sorry for this interruption,,I just need  help . I will be brief 
    My thread has been hijacked by     Shahmata64

King Troll....

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/its-all-a-big-lie?ncc=2#first_new_comment

I do not want to block him so I will ask you to help detour him using .....posts of pancakes and waffles .Any way you want to serve them would be very kind of you..thanks for your time and resume your Chess Forum please...MsJean

• 3 years ago · Quote · #156

rdynabll

jinnd319 wrote: dctpianist wrote: At first glance things look rosy for black if he can avoid the immediate mate. But it's not. Just play it out and it's a draw! Every scenario. jinnd319 wrote: WORST PUZZLE EVER. WHITE LOST THAT HANDS DOWN WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING. LOOK AT IT. EVEN ENDING POSITION BLACK CAPTURES ROOK THEN WHAT? Dear jinnd, Posting in all caps does not magically make you right. Please look at one of serveral dozen comments, or one of 3 or 4 analyses, and learn why this is a good puzzle. first off all caps does magically make you right. second I did what you said and the puzzle makes alot more sense although it's still a shakey stalemate. again what if black says "Imma use my bishop"?
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #157

wheelsonfire

gud1

• 3 years ago · Quote · #158

pierre_67

ok thanks to the pianist...

I had seen that whites only chances was a draw but stiking the king up there on puspose is "grand art". What a plan !)

Thank you again I appreciate your sparing a few lines for me ;

• 3 years ago · Quote · #159

Sai25

Why didn't the Queen take the rook?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #160

pierre_67

Because they want to win and taking the rook makes a draw due to stalemate ...

I just asked the same question a while ago ;)

Post your reply: