Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

9/6/2011 - Mate in 3

• 3 years ago · Quote · #201

qhe432

Easy!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #202

DingoLoco

paulified22 wrote:

back to sac, whack, and mate,nice position,and poor queen had to be tortured,now i know how they felt at guantanomo bay,thanks CHESS,COM.for puzzle.i wish you would give more subtle clues,clue gives puzzle away,majarity of times,especially on one or two,or three,puzzles that is to mate in 1,2,3 moves.you could get around giving out # of moves!!!!!have a good day

Not a funny joke...Frown, by the way...the name is Guantanamo. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #203

samuel1220

good puzzle, but too easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #204

espoconnell

It really is amazing how often these things start with a queen sacrifice.  I wonder if that's really all that helpful for beginners like me.  What do you guys think?  It seems like it skews reality a bit.  I get the idea that it helps you look past the surface of a position, but why so often the queen?  I've "solved" a few of these puzzles, including this one, just by sacrificing the queen right away and then seeing what comes up. Yes, I know it's on me to really analyze the positions.  I'm just curious what people think.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #205

mhayin1979

nice but easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #206

SherlockHolmes94

It did not look very hard. Queen sac's always makes wins.....

• 3 years ago · Quote · #207

phtalimid

The biggest puzzle for me is to understand why posting "first", "second", etc. is seen as an achievement? Perhaps someone can explain? Apart from not understanding it, I find these posts kind of annoying.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #208

DESTROYER8

first

• 3 years ago · Quote · #209

psy88

fun

• 3 years ago · Quote · #210

Elasastri01

no way

Surprised

• 3 years ago · Quote · #211

Starman_Skullz

I got it

• 3 years ago · Quote · #212

clankdjsunk3

i always try sack when i can't see what else to do.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #213

saijiki88

This is true, many times I am so reluctant to give up my queen that I miss things such as this.  So I like puzzles like this, they make me think out of the box, at least for me.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #214

boxd4

Good puzzle. This helps to develop your tactics. Keep them coming. Thanks!Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #215

JL55

• 3 years ago · Quote · #216

dufferps

NightHawk0085 wrote:

It may have been more difficult to find if Black didn't have a "Mate in One" on it's own accord. Knowing that each move for White must be with Check made it easier. Enjoyed the puzzle though!

Good point - However, white could also defend against the black Queen's threat by moving the bishop from d2 (say, 1. Bc3)  so white is still alive and might be able to win, but because he cannot double check in a single move (Bishop from d2 to a5),  black has the upper hand (a 2-pawn advantage and a tempo in which to deploy his knight).  White's Queen Sacrifice now would be a blunder.  White could also create a safety square by advancing the pawn from c2, but the King at c2 would again be vulnerable to checks from the black queen.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #217

KarvainenApina

Too easy: very intuitive solution, took 6 sec to solve.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #218

Anees_Nawaz

very easy...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #219

Sailesh-Ram

good and clever :-)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #220

JFJDAYTON

can't the queen take the bishop on move 2?

Post your reply: