Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

A drunken blunder ...


  • 24 months ago · Quote · #1

    trakoz

    Kg2 a drunken blunder. I wanted to complete the game early and played conditional move carelessly and paid for it.

    http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=59570874

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #2

    Scottrf

    Thanks for letting us know.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #3

    Curious_Barrel

    I would have played on a few more moves with the 2 connected pawns, your opponent may also have had a few before making a move

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #4

    Super-Blitzkrieg

    C'mon, it's nothing compare to mine, first game with that guy I lost rediculasly and did not want to lose second one but...



  • 24 months ago · Quote · #5

    trakoz

    @ Super-Blitzkrieg

     4. ... Bd6 is not a playable move.

    Did you check computer analysis?

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #6

    Super-Blitzkrieg

    I cant analysis my games cuz I don't have any program for that, besides, those days I was playing some of my own style of playing, so maybe I had a good reason for that especially because "Pawn Storm" was my top priority also so wanted to clear f and g files for Rooks. but that Bishop helped me a lot.

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #7

    k-scope

    trakoz wrote:

    @ Super-Blitzkrieg

     4. ... Bd6 is not a playable move.

    Did you check computer analysis?

    why not?

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #8

    Super-Blitzkrieg

    With which program can I analysis my games? (my blonder was not 4... Bd6 and I dont block my way any more,thx to mention)

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #9

    trakoz

    Super-Blitzkrieg wrote:

    With which program can I analysis my games? (my blonder was not 4... Bd6 and I dont block my way any more,thx to mention)

    You can do so if you've the Premium Membership, by clicking on computer analysis of the following after the completion of the game.:

    Add Friend

    Give a Trophy

    Computer Analysis

    Finish Game Vs. Computer

    Analyze in Live

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #10

    Super-Blitzkrieg

    thx

  • 24 months ago · Quote · #11

    trakoz

    No doubt missing the queen sack and trying to go for a mate. A drunken blunder and great regret later.

    So, 29. ... Qg7 is the drunken blunder of the game.

    Thanks for the game.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #12

    trakoz

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #13

    yeres30

    When analysing a game, it is important to undersand and keep in mind the logic behind an analysis.

    The logic behind White's 46.Kb1 is to drive the R away from the a-file so as to enable White to promote his a-pawn.

    The logic that covers the situation on the board is that (1) White's K is too far away to cover the advance (2) which means that even if Black sacs his R for the a-pawn White would have to give up R for Black's f-pawn (3) and the result would be that Black promotes his h-pawn easily. This logic translates into the following:



  • 23 months ago · Quote · #14

    yeres30

    After 47....Kg2 Better was 48.Kxa2 allowing White to reach K+Q  versus K+2Ps endgame.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #15

    solskytz

    Super-Blitzkrieg You had no reason to resign in your game again Breij. Of course you missed some hot opportunities, but at the end you didn't come out so badly. Your position at the moment of resignation is just fine and in this ending, with R+B and 4 pawns each, still all results are possible... 

    If you were sick and tired of the game - then why not suggest a draw? If he says yes, you didn't lose. If he says no, you have again moral grounds to get mad at him and play for the win all over again... a 'second wind', if you will. 

    I just had an awful game against an 1580 guy (more or less) and managed to get an ending when I have B+3 pawns, and he had R+N+a bit more pawns than I had. My pawns were not advanced or anything. Funny thing is, I won that ending... just keep playing!

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #16

    trakoz

    yeres30

     

    When analysing a game, it is important to undersand and keep in mind the logic behind an analysis.

     

    The logic behind White's 46.Kb1 is to drive the R away from the a-file so as to enable White to promote his a-pawn.

    The logic that covers the situation on the board is that (1) White's K is too far away to cover the advance (2) which means that even if Black sacs his R for the a-pawn White would have to give up R for Black's f-pawn (3) and the result would be that Black promotes his h-pawn easily.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    That's very useful. Thank you.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #17

    Super-Blitzkrieg

    solskytz wrote:

    Super-Blitzkrieg You had no reason to resign in your game again Breij. Of course you missed some hot opportunities, but at the end you didn't come out so badly. Your position at the moment of resignation is just fine and in this ending, with R+B and 4 pawns each, still all results are possible... 

    If you were sick and tired of the game - then why not suggest a draw? If he says yes, you didn't lose. If he says no, you have again moral grounds to get mad at him and play for the win all over again... a 'second wind', if you will. 

    I just had an awful game against an 1580 guy (more or less) and managed to get an ending when I have B+3 pawns, and he had R+N+a bit more pawns than I had. My pawns were not advanced or anything. Funny thing is, I won that ending... just keep playing!

    Yeah, you're right but those days I did not know how to play with pawns good enoght.

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #18

    solskytz

    I get it :-) so why resign? Just let him slaughter you, then see what he was doing, maybe make friends, ask a couple of questions - and then you're already on your way to learning at least SOMETHING about how to play with pawns...

    the guy would also probably point out to you how you could have defended (as your position really wasn't inferior at all)... 

    and you don't know - maybe the other guy knew about pawn play even less than you did... or would just hang a bishop, a rook, a checkmate (I generally prefer to use a drying machine)

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #19

    trakoz

    solskytz wrote:

    I get it :-) so why resign? Just let him slaughter you, then see what he was doing, maybe make friends, ask a couple of questions - and then you're already on your way to learning at least SOMETHING about how to play with pawns...

    the guy would also probably point out to you how you could have defended (as your position really wasn't inferior at all)... 

    and you don't know - maybe the other guy knew about pawn play even less than you did... or would just hang a bishop, a rook, a checkmate (I generally prefer to use a drying machine)

    Much to learn from you then ...

  • 23 months ago · Quote · #20

    solskytz

    Anytime :-)


Back to Top

Post your reply: