Forums

Game Completition

Sort:
1cowboys1

How do I protest a Draw in Game #891762991 ?  I had superior material advantage at the end of the game, but the game was ruled a Draw.  How do I protest this ruling ???

Thanks,

Cowboy1

baddogno

That's called stalemate.  When your opponent has no moves except ones that will bring him into check, the game is declared a draw.  I'm sure you're not going to just take my word for it so you should probably google "chess stalemate".

1cowboys1

No, I know what a Stalemate is.  That was not the case !!!!  My opponent had several legal moves to make.  I owned a superior material advantage with the pieces remaining on the board.  The game was called a Draw with  .05 seconds remaining on my opponent's timeclock ( I had about 2 1/2 minutes left on my clock).  I don't understand why this game was called a DRAW ????

Can you Please look into this mater so it does not happen again !!!!!

Thanks.

Remellion

Once again, it is stalemate. Your opponent had no legal moves.

The pawn cannot move. KxB illegal because of your d4-pawn. f2 and d2 guarded by your bishop, f3, d1, e1 and f1 all guarded by your queen. White has no legal moves, and it's his turn - stalemate. A draw.

blueemu
1cowboys1 wrote:

No, I know what a Stalemate is.  That was not the case !!!!  My opponent had several legal moves to make.

List them.

nobbs66

He had no legal moves. That was obviously stalemate

SueAnnaDodd

stalemate