Forums

Why resign a game?

Sort:
Chess_Lobster

I don't know what you'd like me to say. I assume you are going to bring up the real life and games are different theme you brought up in a different thread. Then you will go back to the well trodden anything within the rules is fine thing which we've already argued, and really am not that interested in returning to.

Suggo

I thought you would be jumping in and telling Reb his post serves no purpose...no? lol

Chess_Lobster

This is why you can't argue...I don't have a problem with his analogy but even if you do. There is a difference between wrong and purposeless.  He is trying to make a point with his analogy, you can find it wrong, but it still attempts to achieve a purpose, you statement, right or wrong acheives nothing, just like saying the sky is blue is correct but has no purpose.

Your problem is you always look for the immeadate 'cute' rebuttal. If I call your post thoughtless you will find some way (desperatly for sure) to prove how my post was thoughtless. If I say your viewpoint is 'too simple' you will find some way (a strecth) to find my point too simple. Just you immeadetly looked for another post with no purpose.  Things aren't always so convenient

Suggo

Actually the sky isn't blue...lol

Chess_Lobster

Unless its nightime or raining (obvious exceptions implied by the statement) the sky is blue.

Amazingly this is the second time I've had to defend this simple statement on this website

Suggo

Even on a bright sunny day without a cloud in the sky, the sky still isn't blue.

marvellosity

Yes, it's not a stupid comparison. It's directly related.

Not resigning is not against the laws of chess. Picking your nose isn't against the law.

You can choose to pick your nose and wipe it on the tablecloth. You can choose to not resign.

Everyone will think you're a .... if you pick your nose, everyone will think you're a ... if you don't resign in a QRvsK endgame.

3 tenets - a) is it allowed? yes b) can you choose to do it? yes c) do others think it's moronic? yes.

Chess_Lobster

So the gases, water droplets, and dust in the air reflect red light, green light? Unless I'm dangerously mistaken on what blue is, or your using some ultra-pretentious rationale to explain why the sky isn't blue

My description of why the sky is blue is a little off but nonetheless only a pretentious blowhard would describe it as anthying other than blue

Suggo
marvellosity wrote:

Yes, it's not a stupid comparison. It's directly related.

Not resigning is not against the laws of chess. Picking your nose isn't against the law.

You can choose to pick your nose and wipe it on the tablecloth. You can choose to not resign.

Everyone will think you're a .... if you pick your nose, everyone will think you're a ... if you don't resign in a QRvsK endgame.

3 tenets - a) is it allowed? yes b) can you choose to do it? yes c) do others think it's moronic? yes.

Hmmmm, and we should all live our lives by what others think shouldn't we Marv!

Suggo
Chess_Lobster wrote:

So the gases, water droplets, and dust in the air reflect red light, green light? Unless I'm dangerously mistaken on what blue is, or your using some ultra-pretentious rationale to explain why the sky isn't blue

My description of why the sky is blue is a little off but nonetheless only a pretentious blowhard would describe it as anthying other than blue

The sky isn't blue...I'm not making things up, it isn't!  Shine a red light on a white piece of paper, the paper is still white it hasn't changed colour.

Am I not allowed to be right Lobster, would it pain you that deeply to actually agree with me?  lol

Chess_Lobster

I don't know maybe your living in a real life "Liar Liar" where you really aren't allowed to be right (unfortunatly this is not a one day curse)

I dont want to get into a metaphysical arguement about what makes something blue or red or white. You are aware how light works, an blue object reflects blue light and abrorbs other wavelenghts (for the most part). We can only identify an object's color by the wavelnghts reflected to us. SInce the sky reflects mainly blue light to us, we call it blue.  Not to mention this is another example of you not reading between the lines (and furthermore the sky is blue was an unimportant off hand comment) Everyone knows for all practial purposes we call the sky blue, by some far fetched overly techincal defintion is the sky not blue? Maybe, but for people living in the real world, the sky is blue.

Suggo

Far fetched? 

I like how you have decided what people in the real world think.  Amazing the number of experts in what everyone thinks.  Amazing the number of people on here that so want to be part of the crowd.  I also like how you get upset with me for stating the obvious and then get upset when I bring up a fact (apprantently a little know fact according to you...I always thought it was pretty common knowledge  *shrugs*)

How about a joke

If you have a pen of 25 sheep and one jumps out, how many sheep do you have left in the pen?

Chess_Lobster

Your a bit of a looney aren't you?

Suggo

So do you know the answer to the joke?

Suggo
Chess_Lobster wrote:

The old personal attack defence....yawn!

Chess_Lobster

zero I would guess, but I like how if a lot of people find your opinions stupid it must because they are mindless sheep...not because your opinions are stupid, which to clarify, they are.

Suggo

I didn't say anyone was a mindless sheep Lobster.  Don't be reading in things that aren't there now!

Chess_Lobster
Suggo wrote:
Chess_Lobster wrote:

It would be "a defense" if I was arguing with you, but I'm not. Here I'm just calling you stupid.

Then who is trying to be part of the in crowd as you suggested. Anyway hopefully someone posts something worthwhile by the time I check this out again

Suggo
Chess_Lobster wrote:
Suggo wrote:
Chess_Lobster wrote:

It would be "a defense" if I was arguing with you, but I'm not. Here I'm just calling you stupid.

lol, oh the pain!  Resorting to name calling lobster, how very sad!  Touch gloves!?  LOL

Chess_Lobster

Haha, stupid is name calling now? I think you're stupid (too dense to use reason) so I said it. You seem to think its becuase your superior logic has worn me down...To fufill your role (the parrot)...how very sad!