• 5 years ago · Quote · #161

RainbowRising

Suggo wrote:

Actually the sky isn't blue...lol

Oh dear.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #162

Suggo

Chess_Lobster wrote:

So the gases, water droplets, and dust in the air reflect red light, green light? Unless I'm dangerously mistaken on what blue is, or your using some ultra-pretentious rationale to explain why the sky isn't blue

My description of why the sky is blue is a little off but nonetheless only a pretentious blowhard would describe it as anthying other than blue

The sky isn't blue...I'm not making things up, it isn't!  Shine a red light on a white piece of paper, the paper is still white it hasn't changed colour.

Am I not allowed to be right Lobster, would it pain you that deeply to actually agree with me?  lol

• 5 years ago · Quote · #163

Chess_Lobster

I don't know maybe your living in a real life "Liar Liar" where you really aren't allowed to be right (unfortunatly this is not a one day curse)

I dont want to get into a metaphysical arguement about what makes something blue or red or white. You are aware how light works, an blue object reflects blue light and abrorbs other wavelenghts (for the most part). We can only identify an object's color by the wavelnghts reflected to us. SInce the sky reflects mainly blue light to us, we call it blue.  Not to mention this is another example of you not reading between the lines (and furthermore the sky is blue was an unimportant off hand comment) Everyone knows for all practial purposes we call the sky blue, by some far fetched overly techincal defintion is the sky not blue? Maybe, but for people living in the real world, the sky is blue.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #164

Suggo

Far fetched? 

I like how you have decided what people in the real world think.  Amazing the number of experts in what everyone thinks.  Amazing the number of people on here that so want to be part of the crowd.  I also like how you get upset with me for stating the obvious and then get upset when I bring up a fact (apprantently a little know fact according to you...I always thought it was pretty common knowledge  *shrugs*)

How about a joke

If you have a pen of 25 sheep and one jumps out, how many sheep do you have left in the pen?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #165

Chess_Lobster

Your a bit of a looney aren't you?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #166

Suggo

So do you know the answer to the joke?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #167

Suggo

Chess_Lobster wrote:

The old personal attack defence....yawn!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #168

Chess_Lobster

zero I would guess, but I like how if a lot of people find your opinions stupid it must because they are mindless sheep...not because your opinions are stupid, which to clarify, they are.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #169

Suggo

I didn't say anyone was a mindless sheep Lobster.  Don't be reading in things that aren't there now!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #170

Chess_Lobster

Suggo wrote:
    Chess_Lobster wrote:

It would be "a defense" if I was arguing with you, but I'm not. Here I'm just calling you stupid.

Then who is trying to be part of the in crowd as you suggested. Anyway hopefully someone posts something worthwhile by the time I check this out again

• 5 years ago · Quote · #171

Suggo

Chess_Lobster wrote:
    Suggo wrote:
    Chess_Lobster wrote:

It would be "a defense" if I was arguing with you, but I'm not. Here I'm just calling you stupid.

lol, oh the pain!  Resorting to name calling lobster, how very sad!  Touch gloves!?  LOL

• 5 years ago · Quote · #172

Chess_Lobster

Haha, stupid is name calling now? I think you're stupid (too dense to use reason) so I said it. You seem to think its becuase your superior logic has worn me down...To fufill your role (the parrot)...how very sad!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #173

Suggo

Lots of people seem to want to be part of the crowd....they all wanted to jump in with Rainbow...safety in numbers I suppose.  It is how it seems to me.Wink

• 5 years ago · Quote · #174

marvellosity

Suggo wrote:
    marvellosity wrote:

Yes, it's not a stupid comparison. It's directly related.

Not resigning is not against the laws of chess. Picking your nose isn't against the law.

You can choose to pick your nose and wipe it on the tablecloth. You can choose to not resign.

Everyone will think you're a .... if you pick your nose, everyone will think you're a ... if you don't resign in a QRvsK endgame.

3 tenets - a) is it allowed? yes b) can you choose to do it? yes c) do others think it's moronic? yes.

Hmmmm, and we should all live our lives by what others think shouldn't we Marv!

For many things, yes. With regards to picking your nose and wiping it on the tablecloth, it does indeed make sense not to, even if you feel like doing it. Else you get shunned, which isn't generally a nice thing.

Much the same as not resigning here. Feel free to do what you like, don't resign all you like, but don't be surprised when people think you're a .... for doing so.

If I do something that I know others won't like but I feel is right, then I'll be happy to take the criticism in the knowledge that I think I did the right thing. So if you think you're doing the right thing - fine, that's great - but don't be affronted when people criticise.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #175

Suggo

Chess_Lobster wrote:

Haha, stupid is name calling now? I think you're stupid (too dense to use reason) so I said it. You seem to think its becuase your superior logic has worn me down...To fufill your role (the parrot)...how very sad!

No actually if I think anything I think you have talked yourself in a circle and then trying to find a way out decided on the personal attack....I could be wrong!  What I do know is that I haven't resorted to name calling and insults.  Do people in the real world consider these the actions of someone with superior logic and thinking?  I don't really know, but you seem to know all about how everyone else thinks so maybe you can help me out on that one!Smile

• 5 years ago · Quote · #176

Suggo

marvellosity wrote:
    Suggo wrote:
    marvellosity wrote:

Yes, it's not a stupid comparison. It's directly related.

Not resigning is not against the laws of chess. Picking your nose isn't against the law.

You can choose to pick your nose and wipe it on the tablecloth. You can choose to not resign.

Everyone will think you're a .... if you pick your nose, everyone will think you're a ... if you don't resign in a QRvsK endgame.

3 tenets - a) is it allowed? yes b) can you choose to do it? yes c) do others think it's moronic? yes.

Hmmmm, and we should all live our lives by what others think shouldn't we Marv!

For many things, yes. With regards to picking your nose and wiping it on the tablecloth, it does indeed make sense not to, even if you feel like doing it. Else you get shunned, which isn't generally a nice thing.

Much the same as not resigning here. Feel free to do what you like, don't resign all you like, but don't be surprised when people think you're a .... for doing so.

If I do something that I know others won't like but I feel is right, then I'll be happy to take the criticism in the knowledge that I think I did the right thing. So if you think you're doing the right thing - fine, that's great - but don't be affronted when people criticise.

So bullying is ok if most people agree!  Hmmm, I think I will stick with my stance against pressuring people.  Cheers

• 5 years ago · Quote · #178

Suggo

Ah, but what an extremely good reason to them, may not be an extremely good reason in your eyes.

Reb, from what I can tell you just want everyone to follow what you deem correct behaviour.  By all means you can want this, and I can't stop you from harrassing and pressuring others in an effort to achieve this.  But I will continue to jump in when I so choose in an effort to support people who are feeling pressured and hopefully help them feel comfortable to make their own decision about when or when not to resign.  Any reason is an extremely good reason IMHO!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #179

marvellosity

Suggo: criticising something that most people feel is abhorrent isn't bullying.

If you pick your nose at the table and wipe it on the tablecloth, everyone will look at you funny and someone might say something.

This isn't 'bullying'.

Post your reply: