Forums

1000 Ridiculous Forum Topics

Sort:
Aletool

As a member of this site You enjoy the Forums topics ,have good discussion and make good opinions about the different topics most of them related to chess and the improvement of the game.

But I get same time surprise with forums who make ridiculous,stupid ,non-sense-obvious questions that a 3 y.o can answer with not problem. 

I want to make a list of this old timer Dumb question and post all together here.  Post the question that you think was the most ridiculous and obvious for a forum. Here same of them :

can I beat a Master without study chess?

what is better e4 or d4?

Can I give checkmate in one move?

what is better chess or Poker?

can a 1000 rated player beat a 3000 computer?

Who was better Murphy or Petrosian?

This is only an example I will get more.

kco

2. A real dumb one here.  click here

Aletool

LOL,  1001 then

CalamityChristie

Sorry, but those are some of the best topics on the site.

include "stalemate must be abolished"

"are these my shoes ?"

etc

jankku
Aletool wrote:

what is better e4 or d4?

in theory it is possible, e4, yes if the king doesn't have escape squares and is in check after your move, chess, good luck with that, murphy

Aletool
foolsmated wrote:
Aletool wrote:

what is better e4 or d4?

in theory it is possible, e4, yes if the king doesn't have escape squares and is in check after your move, chess, good luck with that, murphy

Oh NO!! is not for answer they, You just start a debate now!

Aletool

Can I teach my dog to play chess?  ( don't try it he will eat the pieces)

casamagna

Some more ridiculous topics are those created especially to kiss-up to the staff and administration here, such as "who is your favourite mod," and "imagine this site without Kohai," or "This site has over six million active members -- yay!"

tresequis

"I jst started play chess and my rating is 700 - how can i BEcum world champion in too years?"

CalamityChristie

not kenpo again! 

Aletool

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

This is one active actually .  well why not , the 1300 guy live 20 years on the Himalaya mountains with the monks and a chess set ,he get thousand of book by fedex as donations because don't have any money, study and play chess for 20  years  14 hours a days one day come back to civilization and decide play a open tournament for a huge price, he play a tournament before so he can get same rating,lose the games on purpose and get a 1300 rating, later join the tournament with 100.000$ on prices and beat everybody because is the best, include the 2700 gm  and become world champion.

ponz111

There are many really stupid topics which seem to go on for ever.

VanillaKnightPOC

I've got 99 problems but a ridiculous forum topic ain't one.

winerkleiner

You forgot any one of my forum topics that I've started.  But then again, I might be related to a mod here (another ridiculous topic)?

timbeau
Aletool wrote:

Can I teach my dog to play chess?  ( don't try it he will eat the pieces)

If you're very patient, of course! (but they always end up easy-beats) While you're at it, maybe he could give you a paw with English?

HappyUngulate
Aletool wrote:

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

This is one active actually .  well why not , the 1300 guy live 20 years on the Himalaya mountains with the monks and a chess set ,he get thousand of book by fedex as donations because don't have any money, study and play chess for 20  years  14 hours a days one day come back to civilization and decide play a open tournament for a huge price, he play a tournament before so he can get same rating,lose the games on purpose and get a 1300 rating, later join the tournament with 100.000$ on prices and beat everybody because is the best, include the 2700 gm  and become world champion.

Stop discussing forum topics and start writing a novel based on that idea instead. Or a screenplay, I don't care. I'd buy it for sure!

chessgdt

any parham is greatest opening ever topic–they caused too many problems, and they were as stupid as they were ridiculous

trysts

I think the "last one to post..." threads should be sent in a capsule to space as a warning to the universe about what's down here.Laughing

MyCowsCanFly

I suppose if your goal is to start several new threads every day, the topics can get ridiculous real fast.

I think the numerous threads about the relationship between chess ability and IQ are dumb. No one is going to bump your IQ score because you play chess. Also, those threads that contend chess is a masculine sport seem silly. 

Not that I'm opposed to silly.

I suppose each new wave of users need to ask these questions yet again.

learningthemoves

Quick someone post one on how if the squares were circles instead, chess would be instantly solved.