11090 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
181. Every time you see a tiled floor, you move over the tiles like a knight.
I actually do that!
I did few minutes ago.
185. You read threads like this to get Ideas on how to get more chess out of life.
176. You read this forum and wonder what kind of dodo-heads think this stuff is weird.
Funny, and true also!
195. You turn tracking off to all of the threads you were monitoring, even this one, to focus on chess
196. Castles are your fav structure
197. You still have faith in this thread lol.
198. Tactics Trainer for 5 hours every day. :)
8. You know from experience that knights and bishops are worth exactly the same
Actually this statement is false. Some people reguard the bishop as 3.5 and the knight as 3, and in most situations a bishop is slighty preferable, but it always depends on the position.
Actually, you're wrong a knight is just as good as a bishop. Bishop is around 3.1459023579025745720485568384891 and a knight is around 3.0
199. The only reason you'd ever want to visit New York City is to pay your pilgrimage to Washington Square Park.
Did you intentionally mess up pi to use as the bishop's value?
When you don't feel comfortable walking on any floor that does not have tiles of alternating colours.
201. You know that chess is a draw from perfect play through trial and error.
202. You know that the least ammount of material that can be used to checkmate your opponents King without using your own king in the mating net is 4 pawns.
203. When your on a date with someone but would rather be playing chess.
There are some really funny ones on here. Love the one about playing the risky opening - The Kings Gambit. ROFL.
204. After seeing an opening, you look it up to see why it is called what it is
205. People you study a lot include Fischer, Kasparov, and Anand.
206. You know exactly how #202 looks
207. You post a board of how #202 looks:
209. You consider Seppuku as an honorable option after being back-rank mated.
210. You realize you can perform an en passant with the salt shaker on the dinner table
213 You know that every Russian schoolboy is aware that Q+N is better than Q+B in the endgame
214 Whenever you go to Bloomingdales or Westminster Abbey you take along big chessmen so that you can play on the floor.
25. You are sitting waiting for finals to be over and a Novelty in the KG pops into your head with a plausable mainline.
26. You are playing Guitar and instead of Ab (A flat) you accidentally say e4 (E string 4th fret)
27. You watch a game between two amatures, and get excited when they see the same move you do.
28. you forget that there are two people playing the game and go on to explain to the people watching the winning combination.
29. Your most used game on the computer is chess titans which you use to practice pattern recognition
30. You accidentally eat a Bishop
The best variation against sicilian game
by sammynouri a few minutes ago
Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?
by hot_as_the_sun 2 minutes ago
Bullet rating decrease
by svenfromntbym 2 minutes ago
What to do to get #1 on Most Active members list?
by GeorgeBlackChess123 5 minutes ago
Who is better Paul Morphy or Magnus Carlsen
by GeorgeBlackChess123 6 minutes ago
London Chess Classics Caruana takes lead
Stuff Non-Chess Players Say
by 1RedKnight99 11 minutes ago
0-1: Tarrasch Defense, Schara Gambit
by 11qq11 11 minutes ago
Breaking the 1600 barrier (first Danish Gambit)
by 1RedKnight99 14 minutes ago
Numbers of games
by Martin_Stahl 15 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!