8571 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
1.When someone asks you "What is 5x9?" You say that it is 5 queens.
2.You have played over 1000 games on chess.com.
3. You are constanly watching your online games in case somebody moved on them
4. You see a castle and you call it a rook
5. You call horses knights
6. When you are playing a strategy game, you think that you can only move 1 unit at a time
7. You find it easy to come up with signs that you play chess too much
8. You know from experience that knights and bishops are worth exactly the same
when you dream about chess....
Can everybody number their signs, please?
10. when you start talking about chess after you've had some alcohol
11. you go through your games in your head when you're not playing and try to find better moves
Actually this statement is false. Some people reguard the bishop as 3.5 and the knight as 3, and in most situations a bishop is slighty preferable, but it always depends on the position.
12.when you forget to go to work/ turn in your homework because you were up all night(KNIGHT!) playing chess.
13. You jump at a restaurant when the waiter says, "Check."
14. You bump into someone or something and say J’adoube.
15. You have more chess clocks than watches.
16. You have more PGN than DOC files on your computer.
17. You meet someone and your first question is, “What’s your rating?”
18. You take a chess set and book to the bathroom.
19. You have more chess books than any other book or magazine combined.
20. You go to any Barnes and Noble in the world and know exactly where all the chess books are located.
21. You know that mate, mating positions, exposed bishops, and forking the queen have nothing to do with sex.
22. The first thing you do is setup chessboard instead of making the coffee in the morning.
23. You spot the chessboard set up wrong in every movie with a chess scene.
24. You stay up until 4 AM playing on chess.com
25. You are sitting waiting for finals to be over and a Novelty in the KG pops into your head with a plausable mainline.
26. You are playing Guitar and instead of Ab (A flat) you accidentally say e4 (E string 4th fret)
27. You watch a game between two amatures, and get excited when they see the same move you do.
28. you forget that there are two people playing the game and go on to explain to the people watching the winning combination.
29. Your most used game on the computer is chess titans which you use to practice pattern recognition
30. You accidentally eat a Bishop
oh and all of those have happened to me in my post.
31. You download a MP3 file of the Live chess sounds.
32. When you skip school you spend time on chess.com instead of COD
COD (call of duty right [too bad they killed Soap])
33. Your most visited web site is a chess site/server.
34. your wife gets angry because you play so much, but you think she is just jealous you are enjoying yourself so much
35. if you could, you play chess every free moment you had
36. when you think using your free time doing other things while monitoring your moves on Chess.com is really fruitful each day
37. you play every free moment you have and it doesn't feel like its enough
38. you find yourself arguing chess theory with others frequently
39. you find yourself at work thinking about chess and wish you were either playing or on chess.com
40. you pull out your cell phone evertime you go to the john and play a few moves on your saved game
41. you frequently have your engine give you a list of the best moves for each successive variation for an opening to study
42. you completely ignore all of your friends in passing on the way to and from class because you're too busy calculating in your head whether or not your N sac earlier today was sound
43. you know what a N sac is
44. you can't sleep because you know your chess book was shipped in today and you're picking it up tomorrow morning (a local college had both of Euwe's "The Middle Game in Chess" books in algebraic, and they shipped them over to my school's library yesterday for free... and yes I slept quite poorly last night)
Beautiful Endgame Study
by Mandy711 a few minutes ago
Not the best game - but a legitimate rare under promotion
by bidyniks a few minutes ago
Concerned about trolling, again
by Master_Valek a few minutes ago
5/22/2013 - Good Night to the Enemy
by royobrien 3 minutes ago
Is Chess a 'Creative' Activity?
by Dischyzer 6 minutes ago
Chess puzzle- tough
by 205thsq 12 minutes ago
by Ziryab 15 minutes ago
by Raven_Stock 18 minutes ago
Please help decipher and teach a noob
by BoobsGalore 24 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com