16044 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
360. When you're playing an untimed game and you hit the table in an attempt to hit the nonexistent clock.
I do that ALL the time!!
361. The idea of being in a human chess game thrills you. (Where people are the chess pieces.)
I hope the time controls are not too long.
202. You know that the least ammount of material that can be used to checkmate your opponents King without using your own king in the mating net is 4 pawns.
Or a bishop/knight:
If you're going to allow the use of opponent's pieces to block escape squares, of course just two pawns is enough. (One pawn would need to be defended by the king, which is excluded).
363.you always need to wash your pieces before playing
364. you play a game before going out that you lose then you use your whole time trying to figure out how you could defend the position while you're out
46. You have checkquered table mat, coaster, table cloth, door mats, curtain, carpet, bedsheet, blanket.
I'm still looking for the chess door mats.
365. you have played three games of chess per day at least for the past 365 days.
3 games/year is hardly playing chess too much.
I would agree that 3 games a year isn't too much. However, I have played far more than 3 games in the past year. More like 12,000 give or take.
I meant each day so I will edit it.
366. You get angry when people hit the clock with the wrong hand
367. Whenever you see the variable n or b in an algebra problem, you automatically assume it is 3.
The Ultimate Test of Engine Fanatics
by Hi832 4 minutes ago
Anand vs Carlsen: World Championship match thread
by Haiku575 5 minutes ago
Weird openings please !!
by timepass12345 5 minutes ago
Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?
by bigpoison 8 minutes ago
The Worlds First Officially Approved Cheaters Chess Tournament!
by TheARBChessSystem 9 minutes ago
What is your favorite kind of tactic??
by harryz 9 minutes ago
5 year olds and chess
by bigpoison 13 minutes ago
what the #$%^was he playing and how did he win?
by Jaglavak 17 minutes ago
Feature request pretty please
by TurboFish 19 minutes ago
by yeres30 19 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!