Forums

1000 Signs you play chess too LITTLE!

Sort:
clms_chess

401. You set up the board with Queens on opposite colors.

A friend of mine who had not played serious chess in years played his first tournament in the under 1200 section and promptly set his board up that way. His opponent was a young kid who probably was playing his first tourny and didnt see the mistake. It was only when trying to go over his game afterwords, did we realize the mistake...  either someone had terrible chess notation skills or....... lol.

BigDoggProblem

402. You actually think checkers is a worthwhile use of a chessboard.

(Apologies if this one has been done before.)

BigDoggProblem

403. When you talk sports, you refer to coaches' strategic decisions as a 'game of chess' between the coaches.

BigDoggProblem

(This one from Chess Byatch by J. Shahade)

404. You ask people "What is your favorite piece?"

tacticop

When a chess player asks you to play chess, you take out checkers pieces ...

GSHAPIROY
xbigboy wrote:

One of your recent puzzle compositions; Difficulty: HARD

It must be white to move, and you cannot force mate in 4.Smile

You should know that...

Shadowsoftime99

405. You need descriptive notation because you think algebraic notation doesn't give enough information.

(Meaning that you need to be told the starting square for a move)

BigDoggProblem
tjchessmaster wrote:

405. You need descriptive notation because you think algebraic notation doesn't give enough information.

(Meaning that you need to be told the starting square for a move)

406. You don't know that descriptive notation doesn't give the starting square. :P

Neverfearthedark

194 that one actually made me chuckle.

tacticop
JustanothaDude wrote:

398. You only move pieces with your dominant hand. 

I surely don t pla chess enough... But What does this mean?

Prologue1
ADaBigOne wrote:

9. You promote your pawn to your opponents pieces

Actually that's quite interesting, if you could promote to your opponents pieces. In the diagram, the only way to mate in one, is to promote to a black knight! b8=BN!!#

aswen123
clms_chess wrote:

A friend of mine who had not played serious chess in years played his first tournament in the under 1200 section and promptly set his board up that way. His opponent was a young kid who probably was playing his first tourny and didnt see the mistake. It was only when trying to go over his game afterwords, did we realize the mistake...  either someone had terrible chess notation skills or....... lol.

thats how they are supposed to be set up

aswen123
Foek wrote:

322. Instead of playing chess you are posting here

thats the best one i've seen

JJZ03

409: You suck at chess

JJZ03

410: You pronounce chess as "chest"

JJZ03

411: You make an excuse about not playing chess when challenged (I thought everyone knew how to play chess!)

Fasulye-Babylonia

Today my (blind) friend asked me whether you can play a chess game with 3 people. 

clms_chess
aswen123 wrote:
clms_chess wrote:

thats how they are supposed to be set up

oh oooh. Lol

UnusualMove

412. You don't ask yourself if this girl is infact a blonde with dyed hair.

clms_chess

Isn't that like pointing to a clean shavn man with a full beard.

:D