15633 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
56. Your second move of the game is usually with a rook.
(This actually makes sense> think about it for a minute if you don't get it)
57. You play into fool's mate in bughouse and resign instead of placing a piece.
58. You study openings and endgames all day, but cannot win a game. (Hint Hint Artman)
59. You wait for your partner to give you a piece and then resign anyway.
60. When you hear about castling, you bring a toy castle to your next chess club meeting
61. If you are white, you never get to make move 3.
62. If you are black, you never get to make move 4.
63. You have no idea what a scholar's mate is
64. You think that the kings gambit involves sacrificing your king.
65. You think that the queens gambit involves sacrificing your queen.
66. You try to pin your opponent's knight with a drawing pin.
67. You always move a pawn to before b4 your opponent does.
68. The best chess-related joke you can come up with is a notation joke.
69. You think black moves first.
70. If you don't know that white moves, then you decide to settle who goes first with rock, paper, scissors.
71. When your pawn reaches the last rank, you leave it thinking it will remain as a pawn and control that square.
72. You don't know what chess is.
73. When somebody says Fischer, you start thinking about the NBA.
74. Your board's lower right corner is black.
75. You think en passant is God's gift.
76. You resign after the game is finished
77. You try to abort the game during the middle when you're losing, but end up clicking resign instead.
78. You reach an endgame with two kings and no other pieces, but you still get checkmated.
79. Your knights can't quite jump high enough to get over other pieces.
80. You tried to fork your opponent's king and queen but found them hard to chew. Maybe next time you'll try a spoon.
81. The last time you tried a smothered mate you wound up in the ER for asphyxiation.
82. You try to sacrifice your queen early because her pointy crown keeps stabbing you in the thumb.
83. You can never remember whether pawns move forwards or backwards.
84. Your favorite opening is the Bongcloud.
85. You once made a mistake setting up the pieces so your king was in checkmate in the starting position.
86. You think the first rule of chess is "never let your adversary see your pieces."
53. Ppl randomly yell out things ie. losing, terrible, blunder force mate 7 moves (hint hint DaBigOne)
54. You put the letters vertically and the numbers horizontally
55. In notation, you use numbers before the letter
About no.55 : Sometimes you have to use numbers before the letter, like when you have two rooks on the f-file, for example 22. R7f3
87. As soon as the chess pieces figure out you are their king, they stage a revolution and institute democracy.
88. You can't remember whether 44 is your pants size, your USCF rating, or both.
89. You somehow get stuck in this opening:
90. You are playing white in the above position and can't figure out how to win and decide to stalemate your opponent before you flag.
I meant ie instead of e4, u say 4e, or e5, 5e etc.
92. You call the pawns "little dumplings".
"2nd Gashimov Memorial, Round 8 | Host: Evgeny Miroshnichenko"
What other interests do you have apart from Chess?
by huddsbluenose a few minutes ago
by melogibbo a few minutes ago
Kasparov v. Short
by Chicken_Monster a few minutes ago
by X_PLAYER_J_X 2 minutes ago
Surrender in 12 turns.
by SheridanJupp 5 minutes ago
by Kakahara 6 minutes ago
What do you feel about players that do perpetual checks when they are losing?
by SheridanJupp 6 minutes ago
4/25/2015 - A. K. - Christian Stevens, 2007
by deepak64 13 minutes ago
Members who don't accept friend requests, and only accept messages from friends
by Selena-Armantha 20 minutes ago
by ThisisChesstiny 21 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!