99. You forfeit after learning you are playing against a rock

100. You protest about getting a bye, considering it unfair

101. You offer a draw after you lost

cradon5953

^^You play the Bongcloud as white and lose like this^^ Hint hint DaBigOne

cradon5953

Reason 102. ^^^^^

cradon5953

103. You study GM games all day long trying to analyze, but when ur up against a 700 rated player you still lose to fools mate as white. You offer a rematch, and then lose to scholars mate as black.

cradon5953
LegoPirate wrote:
Metaknight251 wrote:

90.  You are playing white in the above position and can't figure out how to win and decide to stalemate your opponent before you flag.

Something like that actually happened to me, except my opponent had the extra rook, and he kept trying until he ran out of time. Here is the game: http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=135260802

ur opponent is the biggest noob XD I couldnt believe seeing that game its so sad, i cried XD lol

costag

104. you have a losing streak of 20 games.

dancd
LegoPirate wrote:

97. Your opponent feels so sorry for you, they sacrifice everything except their king and one pawn (which they promise they will never promote) and they still win.

Hey! That's ALMOST impossible.

dancd
cradon5953 wrote:

^^You play the Bongcloud as white and lose like this^^ Hint hint DaBigOne

Hey! That was already said!

dancd
DaBigOne wrote:

93. You try to promote pawn to king

94. When you mention chess, people chuckle

95. Your pieces desert the game you are playing

96. Someone has to not play at all with you to make a fair match

Hey! 93 was already said!

LegoPirate

105. You have a queen and a rook vs. a bishop and a knight and you get checkmated. (I won like that in an OTB game when I had the bishop and knight. The position was something like this: 

assezcestassez

30s films is the best entertainment!

atarw

107. You try to castle off the board

Pat_Zerr

108.  You can't remember what some of the pieces are called, so you call them "horses," "castles," and "pointy-headed guys."

109.  To capture your opponent's pieces, you jump your pieces over them and take them off the board like checkers.

110.  You think you couldn't possibly have lost the game because you still have pieces left on the board.

atarw
N2UHC wrote:

108.  You can't remember what some of the pieces are called, so you call them "horses"

Thats an insult to me!

111. You find out that you cannot sac ur king

MoonlessNight
N2UHC wrote:

108.  You can't remember what some of the pieces are called, so you call them "horses," "castles," and "pointy-headed guys."

109.  To capture your opponent's pieces, you jump your pieces over them and take them off the board like checkers.

110.  You think you couldn't possibly have lost the game because you still have pieces left on the board.

Wait a minute, their not?

LegoPirate

112. You've never figured out one of the Sunday puzzles on Chess.com, even after spending a hour looking at it.

jtt96

113. You have captured all your opponent's pieces and captured or immobilized all their pawns but you still insist on promoting pawns until you have 4 or 5 queens.

jtt96

114. You think that the most important endgame for a begginner to learn is N + B + K vs. K

atarw

115. You won your first game by switching the colours of the bishops

jtt96

116. You try to convince your opponent that you can skip your turn.