11776 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
634. You think a sack is something to carry somethings
635. You think a fork is a utensil
636. You think a X-ray is to look at bones
637. you think that kings is the strongest peice in chess
638. you think that pawns can only promote into bishops
639. you think pawns are to weak to give checks
640. Your mom is gay.
A pawn can be both passed and isolated at the same time. It can't be both isolated and backwards, though.
Aren't all isolated pawns backward pawns? An isolated pawn is a pawn without pawns on the ranks directly adjacent to it. A backwards pawn is a pawn that cannot be defended by another pawn without it (first pawn, backward) advancing or another pawn capturing to get beside it.
Or am I mistaken in some way?
Maybe. I think backward pawns are connect to another pawn, though. Wikipedia gives this: "In chess, a backward pawn is a pawn that is behind the pawns of the same color on the adjacent files and that cannot be advanced without loss of material, usually the backward pawn itself."
You yell "touchdown!" and add six points to your scoresheet when you reach the 8th rank with your pawn.
642. You promote your pawns into hot succubi and then they proceed to seduce the opponent. He/she then becomes distracted while you take his pieces off the board. =)
623. Immediately after you castle, you realise that it makes your king harder to defend and "un-castle" on your next move to return the king and rook to their original positions.
624. You think double-check is when you are in check but before responding you put your opponent in check so that he must respond first (can continue to triple-check, quadruple-check, etc.).
625. You don't know what Los Alamos is.
626. You think the king is unable to capture pieces.
I already said 626!
We really should stop with the Fool's Mate! There have been several posts with the Fool's Mate!
chessgm8, do you really expect the people who come here to post to read all the (26) pages to make sure that they do not repeat what was said? I don't think so.
643. You try to promote a pawn to a pawn
644. You lose to this:
645. You play this:
646. You don't feel like playing, so do this:
This is your favorite opening
647. You're a coneheadzombie and you post fantastic wins
648. You think that's a fantastic win.
649. This is the only game you have won:
650. When you challenge the computer to a lightning 1/0 game
651.your just too dumb
If I were black, that would be my favorite opening.
is Norway the strongest chess nation on the planet
by I-eat-guini-pigs a few minutes ago
by jposthuma 3 minutes ago
Plastic Chess Sets - Reviews
by 9kick9 6 minutes ago
intuiative vs. calculating= what are you?
by macer75 7 minutes ago
Is it really a quick mate ?
by Possies 7 minutes ago
why do russian grandmasters hate carlsen
by manpages 8 minutes ago
Friday Morning At Attica
by MidnightExpress1 9 minutes ago
Chess Troll for the Year!
by macer75 10 minutes ago
Arkansas chess club
by DunnoItAll 10 minutes ago
Am I allowed to look ? OTB question for a TD
by chessmaster102 11 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!