14469 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
822. You are writing these odd signs thinking you know a lot.
817. You sac your queen for his last pawn, to make a tower of pawns
818. After you put a queen on a square, you say that you've built a tower on c2.
819. After your opponent captures your queen, you try to collect rent from him.
What are you saying about the queen?
805. Of the 804 previous reasons, how many are duplicates or transpositions?
When you do en passant and your opponent says,"You can't do that!"
My opponent, my cousins friend, a 17 year old, said that.
That's funny that you said that. I was playing a poker buddy of mine who also said the same thing. but his exact words were " This isn't tournament chess we're playing here, so none of that!" He just doesn't understand how to do it, so there for it's not allowed. hahaha. Another reason i stopped playing him chess. What a fool he is.
806. You think this is possible!
807. You call this checkmate:
808. You say that you won because your opponent tipped his king over by accident trying to move in a bullet game809. You can't tell the difference between chess and Giveaway because you play normal chess like Giveaway810. The only game (chess-related) that you can win is Bughouse--but only when you get a bunch of extra pieces811. You bring out a chess set and say, "Do you want to play a game of checkers?"812. You try convincing your opponent to let you play this game:
nice running post!!!!!!1i would like to make one like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time you take an opponent's piece you run around the room shouting GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!
When your opponent takes your queen you say "You sank my battleship!"
You fall asleep while playing and knock the bord off the table
816. You waste all of your time on your first move trying to figure out how a chess clock works
817. You make your move before the board has fully loaded.
818. You set the board up to where the ranks are the files and the files are the ranks819. You have a 1-pawn 820. You have a 2-pawn821. You have a 3-pawn822. You have a 4-pawn823. You have a 5-pawn824. You have a 6-pawn825. You have a 7-pawn826. You have an 8-pawn827. You annotate: 11. 1h=Q828. You never sacrifice your queen (even for checkmate) because you think the queen is the game829. You sacrifice all your pieces to checkmate your opponent and then when you make your mating move, you realize it is not mate830. You make a plan 30 moves deep--but only because you didn't incorporate your opponent's moves831. You're hungry so you decide to fianchetto because you think a fianchetto is a type of Italian pizza832. You say this game is legit:
833. You think chess is a game created by Microsoft834. You're put in check and say, "I didn't bring my checkbook."835. You play Giveaway and think it is a good strategy to take away squares because then your opponent will not be able to move his pieces without having them be captured (when the goal of Giveaway is to give away all your pieces)836. You manage to figure out how your king moves, and are then mated837. You are afraid to move a knight because you think it might bite you838. You try mating with your bishop 839. You sacrifice your king to keep your queen840. You try making a wall of kings841. You promote your pawn to a pawn and say it can go backwards (checkers reference)842. You lift up a folder when you grab the open file843. You think that moving your queen will make you become a queen844. You think that moving your king will make you become a king845. You say that the only pieces you can't move on your first move are knights and pawns846. This is your favorite opening:
847. Your favourite defense (the one you play OTB) to e4 scores 53%, your least favourite scores 88%.
848. You fall for this as Black:
I thought you didn't start to clock until after your first move?
849. You draw a check on the board and say:"CHECK"
850. You think Albert Einstein invented chess
851. You think you are a GM when your rating is UNRATED
852. You think a sack is when you take 1 off your pieces of the board and slam the opponents with a sask full of things
853. You think that this is the best opening
How do I go about studying the middlegame
by TheARBChessSystem a few minutes ago
The Ultimate Test of Engine Fanatics
by Haiku575 a few minutes ago
What should I do?
by TheARBChessSystem 2 minutes ago
12/12/2013 - Polugaevsky - Szilayi, Moscow 1960
by mmiiddhhuunn 5 minutes ago
Chess Sacrifice. ...??
by Tactical_Battle 7 minutes ago
The strangest thing happened in the world championships.
by AbodySattar 8 minutes ago
What's the catch?
by Otomun 9 minutes ago
If you can change a chess rule or create a chess rule, what would it be ?
by Xeelfiar 10 minutes ago
Old yahoo version
by chessmaster102 11 minutes ago
The Worlds First Officially Approved Cheaters Chess Tournament!
by TheARBChessSystem 14 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!