8171 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
You think a desperado is a chessplayer wearing a bandoleer, poncho, and a sombrero.
634. You think a sack is something to carry somethings
635. You think a fork is a utensil
636. You think a X-ray is to look at bones
637. you think that kings is the strongest peice in chess
638. you think that pawns can only promote into bishops
639. you think pawns are to weak to give checks
640. Your mom is gay.
A pawn can be both passed and isolated at the same time. It can't be both isolated and backwards, though.
Aren't all isolated pawns backward pawns? An isolated pawn is a pawn without pawns on the ranks directly adjacent to it. A backwards pawn is a pawn that cannot be defended by another pawn without it (first pawn, backward) advancing or another pawn capturing to get beside it.
Or am I mistaken in some way?
Maybe. I think backward pawns are connect to another pawn, though. Wikipedia gives this: "In chess, a backward pawn is a pawn that is behind the pawns of the same color on the adjacent files and that cannot be advanced without loss of material, usually the backward pawn itself."
You yell "touchdown!" and add six points to your scoresheet when you reach the 8th rank with your pawn.
642. You promote your pawns into hot succubi and then they proceed to seduce the opponent. He/she then becomes distracted while you take his pieces off the board. =)
623. Immediately after you castle, you realise that it makes your king harder to defend and "un-castle" on your next move to return the king and rook to their original positions.
624. You think double-check is when you are in check but before responding you put your opponent in check so that he must respond first (can continue to triple-check, quadruple-check, etc.).
625. You don't know what Los Alamos is.
626. You think the king is unable to capture pieces.
I already said 626!
We really should stop with the Fool's Mate! There have been several posts with the Fool's Mate!
chessgm8, do you really expect the people who come here to post to read all the (26) pages to make sure that they do not repeat what was said? I don't think so.
643. You try to promote a pawn to a pawn
644. You lose to this:
645. You play this:
646. You don't feel like playing, so do this:
This is your favorite opening
647. You're a coneheadzombie and you post fantastic wins
648. You think that's a fantastic win.
649. This is the only game you have won:
650. When you challenge the computer to a lightning 1/0 game
651.your just too dumb
King's Gambit a good opening?
by blasterdragon a few minutes ago
Slav defence help
by GreenCastleBlock 2 minutes ago
Why lose points for stalemates?
by reflectivist 7 minutes ago
Chuck Norris vs Magnus Carlsen
by ToughNinja 12 minutes ago
Who has the advantage?
by Randomemory 14 minutes ago
What happened to the fun???
by AlCzervik 16 minutes ago
5/25/2013 - Pieces Out of Play
by CaptJaneway 20 minutes ago
Shredder12UCI: left thinking for 9 hours after 1.e4 gave a sequence. Interested?
by Stigmatisert 26 minutes ago
Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?
by Ja3030 29 minutes ago
FM Borislav Ivanov Disqualified
by aland420 32 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com