Forums

chessblood (white) vs. ChristianSoldier007 (black) WITH KIBITZERS!

Sort:
chessblood

Now f3 or nd2? nd2 makes it harder to develop the bishop though.

MaartenSmit

Main lines Nd2 and b3. Often transpositions may occur. 

chessblood

I meant b3, I don't know why I said f3.

chessblood

b3

MaartenSmit

That's why I know all this :p

LeeviON

Great moves, guys!

MaartenSmit

Hahah, I've got more knowledge to share :p

g6 is a move, with Bg7 coming with pressure on e5.

O-O-O!? doesn't have much theory attached to it.

g5!? is interesting. Weakens the kingside, but makes it harder for white to strengthen e5 with f4.

The position after 9. ... g6 10. Bb2 Bg7 11. g3 O-O 12. Bg2 Rfe8 13. O-O Bxe5 14. Bxe5 Qxe5 15. Qxe5 Rxe5 16. cxd5 Bxf1 17. Kxf1 is an endgame which is worth a book itself. If you two want to play this one, I'll be quite amused :D

MaartenSmit

Okay that might be quite the mistake. I won't give you a concrete variation, figure it out yourself.

HINT: Think about the hanging knight on d5, and pair that with a queen exchange :)

MaartenSmit

I already suggested a few :p

I just checked that variation again, it's actually possible. But I think after 9. ... d6 10. exd6 cxd6 (10. ... Qxe2+? 11. Bxe2 N~ 12. dxc7) 11. Qxe7+ Nxe7 12. Bf4 black may be in trouble in the endgame due to the bad pawn structure and the bishop on a6 which is biting on wood.

MaartenSmit

Oh yes, give me that sweet Scotch endgame :D

chessblood

Isn't that the famous Mieses endgame? I've never practiced it.

chessblood

I learned about it in a video by Rensch. He likes playing it as white. Do you want me to post a diagram of it? I kinda want Smit to confirm I'm thinking of the right thing.

chessblood

I'm not sure I want to play into it. Looks favorable for black.

chessblood

Black also up a pawn.

MaartenSmit

Yep, that's it. I prefer white. (oh and black is up 2 pawns after 17. ... cxd5)

MaartenSmit

By the way, there are 4 variants of this endgame. Black can castle either kingside or queenside, and in both of those can choose which rook to move to e8.

chessblood

That's why it's one of my favorite openings. Also I figured you knew more theory on the Ruy Lopez.

chessblood

I think most 1600 and up players prefer white here. I feel like I would have difficulty with it.

chessblood

Alright let's do this.

chessblood

bb2