Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

ChristianSoldier007 (white) vs. Samsch (black)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #21

IncrediBill

Hello Guys,  If you are going to make a move every few minutes you night as well play a regular online chess game.  If you are going to play a Kibitzer forum game, then you should wait at least 24 hours between moves so that a discussion can take place as to how the game is unfolding.  At that point you can make your decision as to what direction you want the game to go in.

With that in mind, Samsch, you are severely under-developed in your game and have almost no control of the centre of the board.  I highly recommend you play 6...e5.  You will get a piece of the centre of the board and chase his Knight out of there.

Here is how your game currently stands:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #22

ChristianSoldier007

we are mainly playing through theory right now. I knew what to play on every move so far.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #23

TonyH

err IncrediBill you do realize that this is mainline theory for the sicilian dragon right? and that playing ...e6 is at least very questionableor e5... which chases the knight as you mention is flat out bad for a  variety of reasons. 

It looks like white is heading for a yugoslav attack which has about 25+ moves of theory all figured out. good luck in the game

• 2 years ago · Quote · #24

IncrediBill

Hello TonyH.  Confirmed, they are exactly on track for the Yugaslav Attack.  The next book move for Black would be 6...Bg7.  It will not actually be till around move twelve or fourteen that the game will start to move into the various deviations.

I have played 6...e5 before, and have had success with it.  Mainly because it completly threw my opponent off of the theory lines.  Perhaps with a game like this, it would not pay off because the players will have a lot of time to think things out.

Here is how the game is most likely going to unfold if they continue with the main book moves:

I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts as to why 6...e5 is a flat out bad move.  In fact, I hope that Samsch will go that route, just so we would be able to see how badly the game would unfold.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #25

shepi13

e6 is bad because it overly weakens the dark squares around the king, doesn't develop a piece, and gives white all of the initiative. e5 does all of this and creates a hole on d5 and a backwards d pawn, which in this position, unlike other sicilians, you are not in a position to defend. I recomend you chose to play either dragon or classical approaches, and not try to combine them.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #26

TonyH

just to support what Shepi said,

e6 weakens the darksquares especially f6. while ...e5 not only weakens the darksquares it blunts the dark squared bishop. Unlike a king's indian where the center is blocked the position leaves the bishop seriously wanting.

Also in the super sharp lines that arise from the yugoslav black can ill afford to waste a tempo on e6 at this time. There are some other reasons but those are the big ones. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #27

shepi13

Just one sample line.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #28

browni3141

You should almost never touch the e-pawn early in the dragon, unless of course the position uniquely calls for it.

Another reason 6... e5 is bad is becuase it cuts off your star piece, the DSB. Blocking the long diagonal significantly reduces queenside attacking chances for black. Also, The d6 pawn is severely weakened since we know where the bishop wants to go.

Edit: Others beat me to it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #29

shepi13

I think that 7. Nde2 might be the best response to e5. You want the b3 square for your bishop. Nf3 also looks good but I wouldn't want to block the f pawn when I want to play f3 later. The knight usually goes to e2 after the bishop is developed to route to the kingside, but is it playable to play Nde2. I only play the white side of the dragon, so I don't know as much theory.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #30

IncrediBill

Nice analysis by everyone.  I appreciate your insight, and I am sure that Samsch does as well.  It is always good to be reminded why the book lines are the way they are.

Looks like the best move for Samsch to make is to continue the standard lines and play, 6...Bg7.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #31

Samsch

IncrediBill wrote:

Nice analysis by everyone.  I appreciate your insight, and I am sure that Samsch does as well.  It is always good to be reminded why the book lines are the way they are.

Looks like the best move for Samsch to make is to continue the standard lines and play, 6...Bg7.

I completely agree with what everyone said, and i'm playing the mainline 6...Bg7

• 2 years ago · Quote · #32

ChristianSoldier007

well, this party came to a halt. guess everyone is waiting on me. lol. well lets see... 7.f3

• 2 years ago · Quote · #33

MoonlessNight

Nc6

• 2 years ago · Quote · #34

Pawnpusher3

Just play the Bc4 line with h4 and h5

• 2 years ago · Quote · #35

Samsch

7....0-0

• 2 years ago · Quote · #36

ChristianSoldier007

Bc4

• 2 years ago · Quote · #37

jetfighter13

I would have played 8. Qd2 and then 9. 0-0-0, but I see where you are going um just don't blunder your queen like you did in our game

• 2 years ago · Quote · #38

ChristianSoldier007

haha as long as you dont blunder a knight fork like in our other game ;)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #39

jetfighter13

huh?? you mean pinned a queen, right

and didn't Qg4 win

• 2 years ago · Quote · #40

ChristianSoldier007

No we calculated against Qg4. And I originally meant the other game, i forked your queen and rook

Post your reply: