Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Daeru(White) vs. browni3141(Black) WITH KIBITZERS

• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

browni3141

I like facing the Ruy and Italian as black, but wouldn't mind a Petrov either, even though I don't play it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

trysts

pyramider wrote:

You are impatient.  I never question my sanity after the first drink.  Even after the second drink I still firmly believe I am the sanest old fart around.  My sanity-doubts never kick in before the fourth drink, and I do not count the beer.

I came up with a great opening I called it The Double Scotch Opening.  Sorry I have ben trying to remember it since the next morning after discovering it.

Hilarious!Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #23

jetfighter13

I would like to see f5 though it is not exactly how you say it Sound

either that or, Nc6 is almost forced

• 3 years ago · Quote · #24

jetfighter13

I have played it, along with the siesta variation, and honestly I prefer the look of the other player after 2. ... f5 because they look at me like I am a mad man.Tongue out

• 3 years ago · Quote · #25

browni3141

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

Nc6 isnt forced just best  also, jet have you heard of 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 f5!? seems right up your ally

What have you against 2...Nf6?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #26

browni3141

I probably shouldn't play the Petrov. The overwhelming majority wants to play 2...Nc6, and so do I, so I won't wait to play this move.

2...Nc6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #27

jetfighter13

Bc4 here, aim that holyman at f7 and get some tactics flowing, the Ruy is just to theoretical, Evan's Gambit this thing. lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #28

EdwardT2

@pyramider

Is that like the Scotch Game and Soda?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #29

Daeru

Bb5,Bc4,d4 are my candidates.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #30

EdwardT2

3.c3

The PONZ!

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #31

Daeru

3.Bb5 Ruy Lopez is too theoretical as jetfighter13 said and I don't want to stay in the book for 20 more moves.

3.d4 Scotch Gambit is interesting but instead I want to play 

3.Bc4

• 3 years ago · Quote · #32

Daeru

EdwardT2 wrote:

3.c3

The PONZ!

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

I really don't like it after 3...d5

• 3 years ago · Quote · #33

EdwardT2

I do like the Scotch Gambit as it can catch out the unwary opponent. Learning the white side of it has helped me become familiar with the transposing lines into Giuoco Piano and Two Knight's Defense. Lots of fun! Laughing

And you're quite right - the Ponziani is pretty useless if your opponent is prepared or has access to an opening database. It is a useful surprise weapon in blitz chess against the unwary opponent!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #34

trysts

+0.41

• 3 years ago · Quote · #35

browni3141

I prefer the Two Knights defense, but the Pianissimo crap makes me want to barf, and as far as I know it's basically unavoidable if the opponent wants to play it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #36

EdwardT2

For some reason, now that I've gone back to 1.e4 e5 (Kaufman repertoire) I am getting a lot of Evan's Gambit. Doesn't worry me as much as it used to. I was expecting a lot more Lev Alburt / Roman Dzindzi Giuoco Piano lines

• 3 years ago · Quote · #37

browni3141

I play 3...Nf6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #38

Daeru

Ng5 d5 b5!

b5? Do you mean Bb5?

Btw, current position is;

• 3 years ago · Quote · #39

browni3141

Ng5 d5 b5!

Not sure what you're suggesting.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #40

Daeru

sorry Ng5 d5 exd5 b5

Interesting but isn't Na5 simpler and stronger?

Post your reply: