• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

ChristianSoldier007

I hope we have an exciting closed ruy lopez :D

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

pyramider

trysts wrote:
    jetfighter13 wrote:

how does f4 evaluate in this position, for me it comes to mat 65

I actually have to see the move played by Daeru first, then I take a drink, question my sanity, put on some nice music, get out my rolling tray, wonder about my curtains, read some Cixous, and then evaluate. It's not easy

You are impatient.  I never question my sanity after the first drink.  Even after the second drink I still firmly believe I am the sanest old fart around.  My sanity-doubts never kick in before the fourth drink, and I do not count the beer.

I came up with a great opening I called it The Double Scotch Opening.  Sorry I have ben trying to remember it since the next morning after discovering it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #23

pyramider

Great move.  You can feel the tension of this game filling the air.

This time of the year, being Canadian, I only kibitz hockey.  Ottawa Senators win in seven.

Ah, chess..Nf3 is good knight everybody

• 3 years ago · Quote · #24

browni3141

I like facing the Ruy and Italian as black, but wouldn't mind a Petrov either, even though I don't play it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #25

trysts

pyramider wrote:

You are impatient.  I never question my sanity after the first drink.  Even after the second drink I still firmly believe I am the sanest old fart around.  My sanity-doubts never kick in before the fourth drink, and I do not count the beer.

I came up with a great opening I called it The Double Scotch Opening.  Sorry I have ben trying to remember it since the next morning after discovering it.

Hilarious!Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #26

jetfighter13

I would like to see f5 though it is not exactly how you say it Sound

either that or, Nc6 is almost forced

• 3 years ago · Quote · #27

ChristianSoldier007

Nc6 isnt forced just best Laughing also, jet have you heard of 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 f5!? seems right up your ally

• 3 years ago · Quote · #28

jetfighter13

I have played it, along with the siesta variation, and honestly I prefer the look of the other player after 2. ... f5 because they look at me like I am a mad man.Tongue out

• 3 years ago · Quote · #29

ChristianSoldier007

lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #30

browni3141

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

Nc6 isnt forced just best  also, jet have you heard of 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 f5!? seems right up your ally

What have you against 2...Nf6?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #31

ChristianSoldier007

forgot to put the laughing face after that, it was a half joke. I simply dont like the petrov myself, but it does have its merits. most of the time leads to boring play. correct me if im wrong, i think i read that in an opening book

• 3 years ago · Quote · #32

ChristianSoldier007

we should make a kibitzer forum game league/tournament! what do you guys think? I can manage something like this, I already manage a world championship simulator. i think it would be fun!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #33

browni3141

I probably shouldn't play the Petrov. The overwhelming majority wants to play 2...Nc6, and so do I, so I won't wait to play this move.

2...Nc6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #34

jetfighter13

Bc4 here, aim that holyman at f7 and get some tactics flowing, the Ruy is just to theoretical, Evan's Gambit this thing. lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #35

ChristianSoldier007

I prefer a ruy, I also enjoy a good b5! after Bc4 Ng5 d5 exd5

• 3 years ago · Quote · #36

EdwardT2

@pyramider

Is that like the Scotch Game and Soda?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #37

Daeru

Bb5,Bc4,d4 are my candidates.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #38

EdwardT2

3.c3

The PONZ!

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #39

Daeru

3.Bb5 Ruy Lopez is too theoretical as jetfighter13 said and I don't want to stay in the book for 20 more moves.

3.d4 Scotch Gambit is interesting but instead I want to play 

3.Bc4

• 3 years ago · Quote · #40

Daeru

EdwardT2 wrote:

3.c3

The PONZ!

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

I really don't like it after 3...d5

Post your reply: