Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

IncrediBill vs zrylam (with kibitzers)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

zrylam

Rules are simple:

• 1 move every day as the Daily Puzzle comes out.
    • Feel free to take any advice offered.
    • I want this to be a good game - you may use an engine (I won't) however I am open to good suggestions Smile

Show us your moves!

Battle of the Will's

1. e4 c5 2. Nc3 Nc6 3. Nf3 g6 4. Bb5 Bg7 5. 0-0 e5 6. d3 Nge7 7. Bg5 a6 8. Bc4 b5 9. Bb3 0-0 10. Nd5 Kh8

11. Nxe7 Nxe7 12. Bd5 Rb8 13. c3 f6 14. Be3 d6 15. d4 Nxd5 16. exd5 cxd4 17. cxd4 Bb7 18. dxe5 dxe5 19. Bc5 Rf7 20. d6 Rd7

21. Qd2 a5 22. b4 Bxf3 23. gxf3 axb4 24. Rad1 f5 25. Rfe1 Qh4 26. Qxb4 Qh3 27. a4 Qxf3 28. axb5 e4 29. b6 Qg4+ 30. Kh1 Qf4 31. Bd4 Rdb8 32. Qc3 Bxd4 33. Qxd4+ Kg8

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

corpsporc

2. h3!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

IncrediBill

Hmmm.  I am not sure about the h3 move.  I think that I would prefer to bring out another piece and throw some protection on my lonely pawn out there and play . . . . .  2 Nc3

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

zrylam

21 hrs left - Nc6 looks best but I don't know my closed Sicilian too well, suggestions?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

Roeczak

Nf6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

zrylam

Thanks Roeczak for the suggestion but I'd rather not contest a protected e5 pawn.

2. ... Nc6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

Roeczak

3. Nf3

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

4m4z1ng

3. ... f4!!

Show him who has the balls in this match.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

IncrediBill

I was already thinking along the lines of 3.Nf3.  But I like this idea of showing off my balls . . . and the use of the number four in place of the letter "A" in the word amazing, to create the user name "4m4zing" is pretty damn impressive . . . and I think has swayed me in that direction. 

Can anyone suggest any consequences of playing 3.f4 ?  While I would like to show @zrylam that I have balls . . . I would also like to keep them  (you might say that I am 'attached' to them).

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

4m4z1ng

These are some ideas of what might happen after 3.f4 if both players play the first moves that come into my head (read: not necessecarily the best ones)
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #11

Roeczak

3.Nf3 Nf6 d4!

3.f4: kingside weakening

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

corpsporc

3. h3!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

IncrediBill

Roeczak makes a good point that the 3.f4 move does weaken my King side, and 4m4zing's analysis has me castling on the King side.  Also, 4m4azing's line does have me moving my Knight out to the f3 square at one point.

So, while the move is not as 'ballsy' I think that I am going to continue with the developement of my pieces and bring my Knight out and play . . .  3.Nf3

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

IncrediBill

I just noticed that @corpsporc posted the h3 move while I was posting my 3.Nf3 move above.  I wish I could do both.  The h3 move will prevent @zrylam from coming in with his Bishop, so I think that I will be playing that move at some point.  For now, I think that getting my Knight out into the action was the way to go.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

zrylam

3. ...g6

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

Roeczak

d4

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

IncrediBill

It looks like @zrylam is going for a King's Indian defense.  I expect him to bring his Knight out to f6, his Bishop out to g7 and then neatly castle in behind them.

I like the d4 move to help me gain more control of the centre.  However, since I still have some time to make up my mind, I would lke to see if there are any other options that are a bit more . . . . . . 'aggressive'.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

corpsporc

Ne5

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

Roeczak

Ne5?? Nxe5!?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

IncrediBill

Sorry for the delay in making my move.  I had to go out of town for a few days.

Anyway, I think I am going to try something a bit more aggressive than pushing my pawn up to d4.  If @zrylam is going for a King's Indian Defense, then I am going to start an attack on the Queen side before he gets a chance to pull it off.  I am pulling out my Bishop and playing . . . . Bb5

Post your reply: