Forums

IncrediBill vs zrylam (with kibitzers)

Sort:
x-4600006091

corpsporc

2. h3!

IncrediBill

Hmmm.  I am not sure about the h3 move.  I think that I would prefer to bring out another piece and throw some protection on my lonely pawn out there and play . . . . .  2 Nc3

AKJett

Nf6

AKJett

3. Nf3

4m4z1ng

3. ... f4!!

Show him who has the balls in this match.

IncrediBill

I was already thinking along the lines of 3.Nf3.  But I like this idea of showing off my balls . . . and the use of the number four in place of the letter "A" in the word amazing, to create the user name "4m4zing" is pretty damn impressive . . . and I think has swayed me in that direction. 

Can anyone suggest any consequences of playing 3.f4 ?  While I would like to show @zrylam that I have balls . . . I would also like to keep them  (you might say that I am 'attached' to them).

4m4z1ng

These are some ideas of what might happen after 3.f4 if both players play the first moves that come into my head (read: not necessecarily the best ones)
AKJett

3.Nf3 Nf6 d4!

3.f4: kingside weakening

corpsporc

3. h3!!

IncrediBill

Roeczak makes a good point that the 3.f4 move does weaken my King side, and 4m4zing's analysis has me castling on the King side.  Also, 4m4azing's line does have me moving my Knight out to the f3 square at one point.

So, while the move is not as 'ballsy' I think that I am going to continue with the developement of my pieces and bring my Knight out and play . . .  3.Nf3

IncrediBill

I just noticed that @corpsporc posted the h3 move while I was posting my 3.Nf3 move above.  I wish I could do both.  The h3 move will prevent @zrylam from coming in with his Bishop, so I think that I will be playing that move at some point.  For now, I think that getting my Knight out into the action was the way to go.

AKJett

d4

IncrediBill

It looks like @zrylam is going for a King's Indian defense.  I expect him to bring his Knight out to f6, his Bishop out to g7 and then neatly castle in behind them.

I like the d4 move to help me gain more control of the centre.  However, since I still have some time to make up my mind, I would lke to see if there are any other options that are a bit more . . . . . . 'aggressive'.

corpsporc

Ne5

AKJett

Ne5?? Nxe5!?

IncrediBill

Sorry for the delay in making my move.  I had to go out of town for a few days.

Anyway, I think I am going to try something a bit more aggressive than pushing my pawn up to d4.  If @zrylam is going for a King's Indian Defense, then I am going to start an attack on the Queen side before he gets a chance to pull it off.  I am pulling out my Bishop and playing . . . . Bb5

AKJett

where is the attack ?

Bg7

IncrediBill

Hmmmm.  Well I have a few choices now.  I can play 5. Bxc6 and end up doubling up Black's pawns.  I can push my pawn up to d3 and open the door up for my dark Bishop, or I can always fall back on a solid castling move.  Unless, someone has some other options for me, I just have to weigh the pros and cons of each.

corpsporc

5.Ne5!! it still works.