Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Jet vs Christiansoldier007 with kibitzers post game analysis

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

ChristianSoldier007

Feel free to help us analyze this game! Here is my own analysis, told from my point of view

1.e4 e5 2.f4

The King’s Gambit. I don’t face this very often, so I don’t know the lines well. I decide to accept.

exf4 3.Bc4

The few times I have played this opening, I haven’t faced this move, so I am in new territory

Qh4+

3…Nf6 is more popular and is known as the Cozio Variation. This move have been played too, and doesn’t look bad to me

4.Kf1 Bc5?

Inaccurate, 5.d4!

5.Qe2?

A bad move, as previously noted 5.d4 is much better.

Nf6!?

The Kibitzers didn’t expect this move. I am now threatening 6…Nxe4! White cannot take because of mate on f2, but note that from e4 I can move to g3, winning a rook.

6.d4 Bb6

6…Nh5!? Threatening to land on g3 seemed good at first, but 7.dxc5 Ng3+ 8.hxg3 Qxh1 9.gxf4 and white regained the pawn and has two minor pieces for the rook, meaning that I am down material.

7.Nf3 Qh6 8.e5?

A mistake, I was intened 8…Nh5 anyway, threatening Ng3+ again

Nh5! 9.Nh4?

9.Rg1 is better

g5! 10.g4?!

10.Nf5! Ng3+ 11.Nxg3 fxg3 is actually slightly better for white, although there is still a tough battle ahead

gxh4 11.gxh5 Bxd4

I had seen this line two moves ago, Black is up two pawns. However, white can get an attack going, so it’s tough.

12.Qe4 Be3?!

12…Qc6! Is much better. I was simply trying to simplify. Also I wanted to be able to trade my f-pawn for the h5-pawn

13.Bxe3 fxe3 14.Qf5!

Now I am up material and he has a strong attack, it’s a battle of the philosophies.

0-0!

This is a key move. Everyone thought it was bad, but after some deep analysis I liked what I saw. 15.Rg1+! Kh8 16.Bxf7 (16.Qf6+ Qxf6 17.exf6 is a bit iffy, although I have retained an advantage) 16…d6!! And I have an advantage. 17.Qf6 doesn’t work now because of 17…Qxf6 18.exf6 Rxf7 and 17.e6 looks good at first, but the in this position (the whole game) is the king on f1. 17.e6 fails to 17…Bxe6! Where 18.Bxe6 of course loses the queen and 18.Qxf6 Qxf6! And white realizes that he can’t recapture with the pinned Bishop! However, 19.Rg8+ wins back the queen, but I still have a large material advantage So after 16…d6 the bishop is gone. 17.Qf3 Nd7 18.Qg2 Rxf7+. So, the obvious move in the main position after 15.Rg1+ Kh8 16.Bxf7 is actually a decisive loss because of 16…d6!!.  

15.Rg1+ Kh8

Because of the analysis on the previous move, 16.Qf6 is the best move here, although white is pretty much lost already. My opponent was happy to see me castle, but he forgot that he left his King on f1.

16.e6?? fxe6

If the white king was on e1, Qe5+ is what white would have played. However, White’s queen is now pinned!

I moved the king to e1 to analyze how that would have worked out. 17.Qf5+ Qf6 and it seems like I am ok now.

Good game Jet! Look forward to a rematch

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

jetfighter13

sure I am black though

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

ChristianSoldier007

haha sure I didnt like you putting that kings gambit on me lol. What do you think of the analysis?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

chessmaster102

man I missed 5.d4 good analysis.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

jetfighter13

it was good

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

ChristianSoldier007

thanks. Any thoughts on anny moves guys?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

jetfighter13

not really it was fairly accurate,wanna start the one with you as white

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

chessmaster102

I'm not to familier with the KG myself but i'd say your analysis is on point go to this website 365chess.com to see what games that are similar that you can study.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

ChristianSoldier007

thanks, good idea chessmaster. @jet go ahead and make the forum, put me as white, but i got to go do some dishes so i wont be able to go right away. just put me down for e4, if you play e5 i play Nf3

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

jetfighter13

ok

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

NimzoRoy

Next time try using the game editor

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

ChristianSoldier007

sorry I had written it down in word earlier and dont have time to put it in editor

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

jetfighter13

on e6?? I just found today Qg4!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

ChristianSoldier007

d6 Qxh4 dxe5 with Qf4 coming and Im up two pawns... I dont know

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

trysts

Christians with guilt versus Christians with guns!!!!

WHO WILL SUFFER????

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

ChristianSoldier007

I see now you still want to play Qd4... but d6 e6? fxe6+ doesnt work... maybe Qd4 after d6? I have f6 though...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

jetfighter13

this is what I am going for

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

ChristianSoldier007

hm nice move... maybe f6 wasnt best. however Qf4+ leads to a perpetual check i believe, so I still draw. I would analyze this line with fritz, but my computer is jacked up

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

jetfighter13

wrong after Kg2 you either loose your queen or get mated

oh and this is my primitive analysis

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

MaartenSmit

How about 19. Kg2 fxe5 (the Rg1 isn't eyeing g8 anymore) 20. Kh1 Qf3+

EDIT: 21. Qxf3 Rxf3 22. Rg8#, but I have this feeling there is some solution...

Maybe 19. Kg2 Bf5 threatening Be4+?

Post your reply: