Forums

jet vs. ChristianSoldier007 with Kibitzers

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

9. Nh4, only move

Ben_Dubuque

only thing is I have that game memorized

-waller-

Cool one of my favourite games! I remember Anderssen was the first chess player I knew the name of, because the first chess book I owned had that and the Evergreen game in the back!

-waller-

All I can see is Nf5. Note it hits g3 defending the Ng3 stuff.

Ben_Dubuque

Not leaving me much room

10. g4!

Ben_Dubuque

g4 was just too sharp to resist

-waller-

Ooh, ok. I considered that briefly - hope you analysed it because I think it looks sketchy after fxg3 e.p.

-waller-

Sharp is one word for it!

MoonlessNight

gxh5

MoonlessNight

after gxh5, Qc6

-waller-

I looked at Qc6 but think d5 just kills it unfortunately.

MoonlessNight

after d5, f3!

-waller-

Heh, I see what you're getting at. Could work actually - in my head I still had  a knight on f5 lol. So I see two possibilities - the simplifying dxc etc. leaving Black a pawn up, white I don't think has full compensation. Then Qe4 Qc5 and maybe Qxh4 defending f2? Then Rg8 would have to be met by Ke1 ... I like it, though. Something to consider.

-waller-

Ok I'm reaching the edge of my visualisation now but I think after Ke1 in my line Black has it with f2 followed by Rg1 ... looks almost unstoppable to me. I'll see what you guys came up with in the morning though! (It's 2am over here now).

MoonlessNight

Ke1 Rg1+ Rxg1 f2+ and black has an easy win

Ben_Dubuque

only real move is 11. gxh5

Ben_Dubuque

funny thing is I think we have been predicting eachothers moves a lot, and that was the only variation I looked at in any depth, and I think that after Qe4 the position is slightly in my favor

so 12. Qe4

really this is my only move, and because it is forcing I have some aces up my sleeve that I will use to help me out

Ben_Dubuque

night there, see you tomorrow

Ben_Dubuque

13 Bxe3

not giving me much room here

chessmaster102

careful christian he way things are going your position is ok but now your king iks seriously exposed its a do or die situation for white right now he'll have to attack that king !