Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Very upset! Opponent rudely resigned!!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #61

BigLew

AlCzervik wrote:

If you mention you don't curse, either, I can never trust you.

Trust me, I don't curse either!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #62

chasm1995

i think you're being an ass for complaining about it.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #63

FirebrandX

chasm1995 wrote:

i think you're being an ass for complaining about it.

Woosh!!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #64

Crosshaven

It is your prerogative as a player to resign at any point that you feel like it.

If you fight tooth and nail while playing a lost/difficult position then props to ya.
    If you decide to resign a difficult/bad position instead of embracing the torment of the coming moves then by all means resign.

I think it is a shame that you wear your emotions on your sleeve to have been upset so easily and then follow it up with a post of the game. You won, be happy. You dont have to kick the poor fellow after he is down (bad position) if he has not signed up for it (he chooses to keep playing). 

You want to play it out? Use a computer engine (after the game of course) or go to the local club and find someone that will sign up for the beating.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #65

FirebrandX

Crosshaven wrote:

It is your prerogative as a player to resign at any point that you feel like it.

If you fight tooth and nail while playing a lost/difficult position then props to ya.
    If you decide to resign a difficult/bad position instead of embracing the torment of the coming moves then by all means resign.

I think it is a shame that you wear your emotions on your sleeve to have been upset so easily and then follow it up with a post of the game. You won, be happy. You dont have to kick the poor fellow after he is down (bad position) if he has not signed up for it (he chooses to keep playing). 

You want to play it out? Use a computer engine (after the game of course) or go to the local club and find someone that will sign up for the beating.

Yet another person that likes to post before reading all the replies.

It's a joke. FIGURE IT OUT.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #66

Crosshaven

I read all the post firebandx before placing my original post.
    I find it in poor taste to troll.
    By the way, have not seen you at chess club in some time.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #67

chasm1995

FirebrandX wrote:

Well, then, you were just being an ass from the beginning. What was the point of the forum, then?

• 22 months ago · Quote · #68

FirebrandX

chasm1995 wrote:
    FirebrandX wrote:

Well, then, you were just being an ass from the beginning. What was the point of the forum, then?

Ok lets break it down:

There have been multiple threads complaining about "my rude opponent wouldn't resign" or "my rude opponent kept playing a dead drawn endgame", and so on. The thread is a sarcastic joke. Do you really think anyone in their right mind would complain about an early resignation?

Again, it's a joke based on all the other threads I mentioned. Those that participated in them knew exactly what I was doing.

I can't believe I'm actually having to explain this.

BTW, JC, thanks for removing me from the DFW OTB group. Cleary you did that as a cheap retaliation. Now I know what kind of vindictive person you are.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #69

fissionfowl

I learned long ago that it's usually pointless posting a thread that attempts humour in any place other than the RSS.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #70

FirebrandX

fissionfowl wrote:

I learned long ago that it's usually pointless posting a thread that attempts humour in any place other than the RSS.

I'm clearly a patzer at this. Former friends and colleagues are now under the impression I'm either an ass for complaining, or an ass for joking. One is reminded of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, where he states:

"If you shoved a lump of coal up Cameron's ass, you'd have a diamond in two weeks".

• 22 months ago · Quote · #71

Crosshaven

Am i vindictive? yup
    However, i believe i removed you from my friends list while making my first post. I found the whole trolling thread to be in bad taste and simply removed myself from your company.
    judgement call on my part.
    no harm, no foul.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #72

FirebrandX

Crosshaven wrote:

Am i vindictive? yup
    However, i believe i removed you from my friends list while making my first post. I found the whole trolling thread to be in bad taste and simply removed myself from your company.
    judgement call on my part.
    no harm, no foul.

Wouldn't want a friend that has no sense of humor and is such a hard ass about it as to act holier than thou. Good call on your part.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #73

ivandh

fissionfowl wrote:

You just have to be a bit less subtle. I remember posting a question asking if I should resign in a game where I was down 21 points of material and my opponent had a mate in 7. Still everyone was tighter than a gumband on an elephant. Even a few "RSS" people took it seriously.

My next thread I added "this is funny btw" at the end just to make it clear.

All the same if someone's going to be a jagoff I'm not going to make it my problem.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #74

fissionfowl

Yeah. Also pointing out later on in the thread that it was a joke doesn't seem to help...

• 22 months ago · Quote · #75

ivandh

As soon as people form an opinion about anything, they feel a strong urge to give voice to their creation, as if it is an important contribution to society. Additional knowledge only stifles the artistic process.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #76

A-tur

I recently saw an insane match in the game archives of WonQu. He didn't resign, even though he was in an extremely horrible position. Komega took advantage of him and promoted all 8 of his pawns into rooks. I wonder why WonQu didn't resign. That's far too humiliating to endure.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #77

AdamRinkleff

Crosshaven wrote:

i believe i removed you from my friends list while making my first post. I found the whole trolling thread to be in bad taste and simply removed myself from your company. 

weird.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #78

varelse1

well, today it happened to me!!!

I'm one of those 'safe" players, who rarely sacrifice anything. But today, I saw an opportunity to sacrifice my queen in an online game, for unclear compensation.

So I went for it. And to make sure I didn't lose my nerve, i locked all the moves into the conditional moves feature. As follows:

Then, all excited, I even told posted on my group wall that I was about to do this.

But instead of playing Kh8, my opponent resigned!! How rude!!!!!

SurprisedCry

Post your reply: