Forums

What strange chess rules can you think up?

Sort:
Twisted_c

Chess of Cards: If you try to capture, put the opponents king in check, or promote a pawn, you must play a random card game that decides if you are allowed to or not. This game can be War, Uno, BS, etc. If you win the game, you are allowed to play this move. If you lose, you must undo that move, and the piece you just moved is unable to move for 3 more turns. If you are trying to capture a piece and you lose this card game, your piece just disappears. The card game you play is determined by a wheel. Whatever game it lands on will be the game you play. The rules also apply for checkmates.

Kyobir

Monopoly DLC: You can buy squares and charge rent if your opponent lands on it.

Cost is calculated as follows:

Red = 100

Yellow = 200

Green = 300

No highlight = 500

Depending on the piece that lands on the square, a rent multiplier is added:

Pawn = 1x

Knight = 1.25x

Bishop = 1.4x

Rook = 1.5x

Queen = 2x

King = 2.5x

Opponent capturing a piece on a square you own = 2x

You can upgrade a square for 2x the rent to multiply rent by 1.5x permanently

Every player starts with 1000.

Shop:

Pawn - 500

Knight - 1500

Bishop - 1800

Rook - 2500

Queen - 5000

+1 min - 100

Instant Win - 999999

Pizza - 3000

Drink - 2000

Pizza + Drink - 4000

Extra Move - 1001

Twisted_c
Kyobir wrote:

Cost is calculated as follows:

Red = 100

Yellow = 200

Green = 300

No highlight = 500

Depending on the piece that lands on the square, a rent multiplier is added:

Pawn = 1x

Knight = 1.25x

Bishop = 1.4x

Rook = 1.5x

Queen = 2x

King = 2.5x

Opponent capturing a piece on a square you own = 2x

You can upgrade a square for 2x the rent to multiply rent by 1.5x permanently

Every player starts with 1000.

Shop:

Pawn - 500

Knight - 1500

Bishop - 1800

Rook - 2500

Queen - 5000

+1 min - 100

Instant Win - 999999

Pizza - 3000

Drink - 2000

Pizza + Drink - 4000

Extra Move - 1001

Seriously I had the idea of Monopoly Chess, but I didn't know how it would work.

Kyobir
Twisted_c wrote:
Kyobir wrote:

[see above]

Seriously I had the idea of Monopoly Chess, but I didn't know how it would work.

oh ok

bald55

Every time you fork a queen and a bishop with a rook, you have to stick a skewer in your rook and successfully throw it in a glass cup with a square base, or else you lose.

Kyobir
bald55 wrote:

Every time you fork a queen and a bishop with a rook, you have to stick a skewer in your rook and successfully throw it in a glass cup with a square base, or else you lose.

Unless it's the third Tuesday of the month, in which case you have to use a metal cup.

shishir1982

Capture and sacrifice the Kinggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

Twisted_c

High Voltage Chess: It is like normal chess, but for every move your opponent does, you get electrocuted more and more by 25 watts of electricity. If your opponent captures a piece, you get 30-70 watts of electricity for that turn, depending on what piece is captured. If your opponent puts you in check, it is 35-60 watts of electricity, depending on what piece puts you in check. If your opponent promotes, it is an extra 75 watts. And, if you are checkmated, it is an extra 100 watts! You can still resign, but that'll be 200 more watts before the game ends.

There are ways you can lower the amount of electricity, since it will be passing through your body the entire game. If you are the one who captures a piece, checks, or promotes, they will go down by how much it goes up to your opponent.

Every piece has different values.

Pawn = 30 watts

Knight = 35 watts

Bishop = 45 watts

Rook = 50 watts

Queen = 70 watts

The pieces you are checked with will increase the voltage, depending on the piece.

Queen = 35

Bishop = 40

Rook = 45 

Knight = 50

Pawn = 60

I hope you have fun!